Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Simple Woman's Day Book~March 30, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, March 30, 2009

Outside my window...it is cold, dark, quiet and still. It was so windy yesterday that I am sure the sunlight will reveal lots of bits and pieces of branches, twigs and leaves that did not survive it. The wind usually blows away the clouds so I am expecting a sunny, crisp day. We had 82 degrees on Saturday. It was a sneak preview of the weeks and months ahead and everyone was excited about it.

I am thinking...that this is my 6th time writing the Simple Woman's Daybook and I am really enjoying it. It helps me think about the upcoming week and all that needs doing. It helps me feel more grounded in seeking an abundant life and reestablishing my path to that end. It reminds me that all my blessing comes from God.

From the learning rooms...comes a sure knowledge that the heart has an unending capacity to love and love more. You have heard that comment that goes like this..."I am not overweight, I am under tall." Well what I am thinking is that..."Grandmas aren't overweight, their hearts are just so full of love."

I am thankful for...prayers that are answered and for a Father in Heaven that is ever so patient with our struggles to get it right.

From the kitchen...I am having mixed emotions about our upcoming remodel. I feel so fortunate to have it coming in a couple of weeks but dreading the upheaval and wondering where I am going to put everything that has to come out of the cabinets. We did it once before with three kids so this time it should be a lot easier, right? Here's hoping anyway.

I am wearing...I'd like to say something more exotic and fashionable than jammies for variety but it is 5:50 am so...jammies.

I am reading...The Now Habit still and books and magazines about kitchens as I seek inspiration, and of course fun blogs.

I am hoping...that everyone that is sick will feel better today~especially the babies we are praying for.

I am creating...a more restful home by decluttering and finding more empty spaces for the eye to rest. I am going for the less is more idea, which is very challenging when I have 2 19'x13' storage units full of fun home decor for our decorating business. I am thinking 'rotate' as opposed to 'cramming' all I love into the cottage.

I am hearing...my kitchen clock chiming 6:00 am and Always and Forever by Luther Vandross on my itunes playlist.

I am going...
to meet with three sweet friends this morning that inspire me so much as I do each Monday, then I have errands and a design consultation this afternoon with my optometrist, friend and client, Ivy Sun. Isn't that a cute name? She is a really sweet lady and I am looking forward to our time together.

My spiritual thoughts include..how much I love the gospel and how grateful I am for it in my life.

Around the house...I see remnants of the weekend that need to be picked up but it is not too bad because I did a bunch of it last night.

One of my favorite things...taking a little nap in the afternoon on our recliner (I am loathing the man chair look, but it is oh, so comfy!) near our big window in the family room. At this time of year the sun shines in so brightly at that time of day and I feel like a household pet just being lazy and basking in the sun while I sleep. Getting up at 4:00 am or 4:30 I just need that little rest in the afternoon before completing the day with anything that resembles energy.

A few plans for the rest of the week...the maintenance of daily living, grocery shopping and food prep on Wednesday, a fun marketing meeting on Thursday followed by a field trip to a new home store with some designer friends, some painting on the weekend and preparing for some friends and their children that are spending a few days with us next week. Looking forward to a broadcast of the Semi-annual General Conference of our church over the weekend.

Here are three pictures and a thought I am sharing with you...
Just one year go we were so blessed to travel to Italy to see our daughter, Laura, her husband, Robert, and two of our grandsons, Spencer and Ross. We had the most beautiful and enchanting time and here is a photo of the setting sun in Venice.

Even more enchanting is our little grandson Rossie eating his first gelato~ as only Ross can do.It is not fair that any grandparent should have to go one whole year without seeing such precious boys as Ross and Spencer. It breaks my heart that he has grown into a much bigger boy who now prefers to be called..just Ross! Don't tell him but he'll always be Rossie to me!



And here is Spencer gearing up for a fun day in northern Italy. 8 year old boys just love to make funny faces for their photos. Sure do miss these guys! Sorry I got carried away with my photos and thoughts this morning.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I love it when you do this post. It lets me know what you are feeling at the time and sometimes I feel as if you are talking to me...isn't that neat?

I adore that picture you took of the sunset in Italy. The color reminds me of that painting I love...Flaming June. And of course Rossie and Spencer are just a couple of cutie pies.

Hugs,
Deanna :D

Deanna said...

Oh! I forgot...19 1/2 lbs gone!

Yea!!

Marie Rayner said...

Beautiful post Bonnie! I Love doing the day book myself, and for many of the same reasons. I loved reading every word of yours and the pictures are beautiful (the sunset) and adorable (the boys!)!!

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Dearest Bonnie,
You call it a Simple Woman's Day Book but your activities are really not simple. It's extraordinarily exciting.. Tahnks for sharing your day book.. Have a nice day ahead..