Monday, June 7, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~June 7, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, June 7, 2010


Outside my window...The sun is already up and it is only 5:25 am. In just a few weeks it will be the longest day of the year. That seems so odd considering we are barely over winter.

I am thinking...the next few weeks are going to be crazy busy~searching for the energy I will need to get it all done.

I am thankful for...past experiences I have that pretty much assure me we will get everything done...one little thing at a time.

From the learning room...going the extra mile is a good thing.

I am reading...Book 3 in the Zion Covenant Series by Bodie Theone. Munich Signature, still. Last week was very busy and I didn't have much opportunity to read it.

From the kitchen...I have some cooking to do and lots of shopping for the frig and the pantry. Jim cooked this fabulous dinner last night while I was doing my church work and preparing for a presidency meeting this morning for Relief Society. So I will have to dream up something good for tonight. I will do that later...cannot think about dinner this early in the day.

I am wondering...how we can ease the burdens of a couple in the ward. Our friend is dying of cancer soon and her husband is beside himself. Just hate that when you want to do something to help and nothing seems to ease it for them. She is an amazing lady and comes to church every Sunday but is in so much pain. She is very close to not being able to walk anymore but I think she will find a way to come as long as she possibly can. She is so inspiring but it is so hard to watch her suffering, and him too.

I am hearing...Crazy by Patsy Cline.

Today if I could change one thing...it is that there would a cure for cancer.

I am quoting..."He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same; If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." E Bronte Wuthering Heights. it!

My spiritual thoughts include..thoughts about repentance and forgiveness stemming from the lesson I taught about it in church yesterday. What a miracle God's grace is!

Around the house..I have to fly around to each room and pick up stuff before my meeting this morning at 8:00 and get dressed...what am I doing sitting here writing? I can really dash when I need to do it. Don't like to miss doing my daybook if possible.

I am missing...all of the kids and grandkids. Time for some kind of a family reunion. Not possible now but it would be so great.

I am hoping....Lowell is enjoying his time working in Edinburgh for a few weeks and that Jen will be able to handle the home front all by herself. The big sisters will meet Daddy there on June 14th for a fun filled week before he returns. Piper was born there and has been looking forward to going to Scotland since she was a tiny girl. Sure wish we could all be with her when she has that experience. They have hired a special flight attendant to accompany the girls to their destination and will hand them over to Lowell and Uncle Paul when they arrive. The girls are excited and Julia is a little nervous. I must say I will be happy when that part is over! What an experience for them.

One of my guilty pleasures...calling Italy to talk to Laura and the rest of their family. I am needing to do that this morning too. I should have done more prep stuff last night for this morning instead of lounging around.

One of my favorite things...a foot massage.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Leap Year. Very enjoyable.

I am curious about...the fact that Leap Year is filmed in Ireland and that is seems to have some similar things in common with P.S. I Love You. Especially curious to me is that Jeffrey Dean Morgan the incredible eye candy man from PS and Matthew Goode from Leap Year look remarkably alike. Double cuteness along with gorgeous scenery from Ireland. 2 thumbs up!

A few plans for the rest of the week...today, 2 meetings this morning and then lunch with 3 friends, shopping for a few essentials and hopefully a nap. Tomorrow lots of paperwork sitting on my desk and some garden type shopping for the party on the 19th, got to get all my flowers planted by Saturday. There is a big baby shower for a sweet friend on Thursday night that adopted a little girl after years of trying. I am in charge of decorating a mantel for a wedding on Friday so that should be fun. Date night Friday and then passing up a graduation party for Jim's cousin's daughter to do the last minute stuff for the retirement party. Ahh...never a dull moment.

Here are some pictures and a thought or two I am sharing with you~


Last year sometime Jim and I went to San Francisco and thought it would be fun to go to some garage sales. Ladies, garage sales in SF are truly an adventure like no other. We were in this cheery little neighborhood and this little house was so cute. They are braver than I would be on the paint selection but it really was pretty. In the not too distant future Jim and I are going to spend a lot more time in The City, there is never a moment of boredom in this, our favorite city of all. We feel so blessed to live so close. We can visit it anytime for the price of a five dollar bridge toll and a few gallons of gas. Life is good!


During the same trip we saw this...
This is not a very beautiful photo but we found it rather interesting. Our oldest, Jen, served her 18 month mission for Jesus Christ in Edinburgh and our son, Chris served his 2 year mission on the Amazon River. What is the likelihood of that happening on a street corner? Not that great I'm guessing.
to you...

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

American Women and Waking Ned. If you like Irish movies, those are two real crackers. Oh and The Secret of Roan Inish. A wonderful family film there. I one day hope to go to Ireland. It is a dream of mine. Loved your day book as always. It is funny how our lives sometimes parallel each others. I was thinking about the days getting longer this morning as well! I send loads of love to you from across the world! xxoo

Julie Harward said...

I enjoyed your morning...what a painted house, wonder what the inside looks like?!
Our mantle...is half of a Juniper tree! :D