Monday, November 2, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~November 2, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, November 2, 2009

Outside my window...it is nearly 1:00 PM, the sun is shining, there is not a cloud in the sky and it is 73 degrees out. It is in a word 'gorgeous" today!

I am thinking...I have some renewed energy today after completing the plans and preparations for the family reunion we had here yesterday. Even though it was exhausting at times, the fun of seeing everyone enjoying their time together made it all worth it.

From the learning room..a reminder that the ole gray mare ain't what she use to be, comes to mind.

I am reading...1 Nephi with Jim, Leadership and Self-Deception, The Lost Symbol and three other books. It is ridiculous how many I have going and how little I get read each day. I am not buying another book until I catch up with myself.

From the kitchen...Lots of leftovers...I do love that!

I am wondering...why anyone actually tackles any airport on the week of Thanksgiving?

I am wearing...Gray jeans and a black top. No shoes, but everything else is ready to roll to Sam's Club for a few essentials.

I am creating...my plans for getting everything done in a timely and non-exhausting manner before our Thanksgiving trip to Utah.

I am hearing...Solitude by Billie Holliday.

I am going....to save money this month by shopping wisely on some big purchases for the project and for Christmas. Less is more this year.

I am quoting...a nursery rhyme..."This is the way we wash the clothes, wash the clothes, wash the clothes, this is the way we wash the clothes..so early in the morning." And now I have to fold them all and put them away.

My spiritual thoughts include..thinking about the Christmas lesson/program that I will be in charge of in December.

Around the house....Things actually came together from the organized chaos of last week and everything feels pretty good for now. (Except the creaking bones and sore muscles of a couple of over the hillers.)

Today I miss...Patrick Swayze. Love that dear man and saw his movie with his wife Lisa called One Last Dance. It was very good and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in seeing them dance together. They were in their 50's when they made this movie and it is so amazing what they could still do.

I am hoping...I can take less weight with me to pound the cobblestones and stairways of Italy.

I have been procrastinating..washing my car...yikes!

One of my favorite things..finding that one of our daughters has had a minute to add to her blogs. I just connecting with them in this way.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Christmas online shopping, ordering bathroom fixtures, getting some train schedules for Milan, getting things in order for my church calling, Presidency meeting, Temple, Stake conference on the weekend. Spending $40.00 of gift certificates at Blockbusters since they are going belly-up. Another recession causality. Thinking about something for my hubby's birthday beside the usual black dress socks that seems to have legs of their own. Where, oh where can they be?

Here are 2 pictures I am sharing with you...as I wonder why I cannot get enough of these colors. They just make me feel so happy! The funny part was I use to orange and when we got married we had it everywhere. Then we got so tired of it and I really didn't like it. Then a few years ago I started to entertain the notion of liking it again and then I just fell head over heels for it. A bit weird, but true. Now I am obsessed with it. In the late 60's the color was a primary orange. The one I am crazy about now the is the goldish orange. LOVE IT!

I am thrilled to have a kitchen in these colors now.
That means I will have it around me for a long time!

4 comments:

CA Poppy said...

I'm happy for your warm day! I think of you often and wish I could just pop in and say hi. Enjoy your perfect California day.

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful daybook as always Bonnie. You have a really special way with words. Thanks for sharing them so generously with us, and also many thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to me.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I'm working on my Christmas shopping online this week, too. It saves a lot of time, that's for sure! Hard to remember what I used to do without Amazon.com. :-)

I haven't listened to Billie Holiday in a long time. I used to have an album in college of hers that I pretty much wore out.

Have a great week!

Caroline Craven said...

Love that this year "more is less". I've been kicking that idea around for Christmas myself. It seems that every year I just buy whatever so there will be lots under the tree - and I hate it! This year I am planning on cutting back and I know that there are some valuable lessons in that for everyone at our house (mostly me), but still, it feels like I'm shortchanging my kids somehow. This truly is my problem, as my kids appreciate what they get, but don't seem to require or demand the excess. I have been trying to come up with an idea to make our Christmas Day something more than just the gifts under the tree, something really special for that special day - any thoughts? Or am I still just trying to compensate. I'm really in a quandry over this one.