Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook~September 3, 2012




Just for today~Monday, September 3, 2012
 
Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts about them.  
That is what this daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One week at a time.

Outside my window...It is Labor Day afternoon.  We went to the Temple with our ward early this morning and then on to a lovely picnic.  It is hot today so this is the time in the afternoon when all you want to do is sit in front of a fan.  So here I am with my little fan on my desk trying to write a post! 


I am thankful for... my husband, he is truly a gem.  Honestly the man works so hard and his energy is unrelenting.  Sometimes I feel so guilty that I can not keep up with him.  But it is what it is.  And quite frankly I don't know anyone else that can keep up with him either so that makes me feel a tad bit better.   I do worry about him though because he just doesn't know when to quit.   I can work that way mentally, just not physically. 
 
From the learning room...To keep things alive and thriving they have to be watered and fed and nurtured.  Left to their own devices they will go to seed.  The path of least resistance is the death of something that was once alive and vibrant.  If you take care of the basics you will see miracles.  This is true in the garden and in your life.

I am reading...Evernote for Dummies.  I just love reading about new programs and software and interactive websites.  I give Evernote and A+ for making life easier.  I love their logo.  An elephant, as in an "Elephant Never Forgets."  There is a full post about in just below this one.

From the kitchen...Not much is going on in there.  We have soup and we have tomatoes for tomato sandwiches and a bunch of other stuff to stir up as needed.  So not thinking about the kitchen this week.  Jen and Lowell are spending Wednesday night with us and all day on Thursday so we will be eating out.  They are celebrating their 15th anniversary with a cruise off the west coast.  Lucky us, they are going to a concert in Berkeley on Thursday night on their way to the ship.  So that is what I am thinking about...not the kitchen!  Wahoo!


I am missing...Our sweet Robert.  He will be home from his Afghan tour of duty pretty soon.  What a hero! And so is Laura and also their boys.  They have all made tremenous sacrifices for you and me to enjoy our liberty and freedom.  Thanks, Robert, Laura and kids!

Some spiritual thoughts I have been having...I have really been appreciating the scriptures lately.  It seems that they speak to me one on one most of the time.  Recently it is has been louder then ever.  I love that.  Also the temple has been wonderful this morning.  It is such a refuge from the craziness of the world.  The difference is palpable, real and comforting.  I read Alma 5 while there it was very moving. 

I am hearing...Kenny Rogers...Love Lifted Me.  I still like that old codger.  His voice is so distinctive and his stories told through songs are fun.

One of my guilty pleasures...manicures.  I don't particularly like the time I spend doing it but I love it when my nails look nice.

Pet Peeves...the silly way they package men's dress shirts.  Holy Cow are all those pins seriously necessary?

I am going...finish up cleaning the house today and tomorrow for our kids' way too short visit.

I am quoting...Pinterest!





An enjoyable movie we have watched lately...Tristen and Isolde. Enjoyed this movie for the first time in a long time.  If I was 40 years younger I'd look twice  that James Franco boy!  He is a bit of a little hottie...just sayin'...

I am curious about...how loud and rude liberals do not think they are rednecks?  Aren't they the ones touting live and let live?  Annoying hypocrisy is a curiosity.

If I could change one thing it would be...that crisis and pain and suffering and disease and death  and war and fighting would just take a little vacation.  I see so many that are hurting.  It makes me sad.

Plans for the rest of the week...tomorrow work at the Family Search Library with James, Wednesday see Jen and Lowell.  Thursday take the kids to Muir Woods, Muir Overlook, De Young and/or the Palace of the Legion of Honor museums and late lunch/early dinner.  Friday I am going on an overnight trip with three girlfriends to go to Time Out For Women in Sacramento.  This is a wonderfully uplifting church event that just celebrates all aspects of womanhood and one I look forward to very much.  It will be Friday night and all day Saturday.

One of my favorite things...something fun to look forward to.  It motivates me to work hard so I can play more often.  Jim is the same way, I am glad you have found a way to roll that suits us both so well.

Some photos I am sharing this week... It looks like Miss Hazie is thinking about being a Kitty for Halloween.  Can you believe she will be 5 on September 24th?  Honestly, one of the real up sides to her many problems is that she is staying little so long.  (You have to find your silver linings where you can.) I like this because she is just so cuddly and loveable and she loves to be held close.  All the other kids grew up into big kids so quickly.  Hazie is lingering in this little stage physically and progressing by leaps and bounds mentally and emotionally and socially.  She is a delight in every possible way.



Here Kitty, Kitty...


❤♡♥♡❤♡♥♡❤♡♥s,  B



1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...it is HOT and my neighbor is mowing my grass in the heat!
THANKFUL...for those who have the energy to keep going. I find myself really slowing down since I retired.
LEARNING...our ladies Wednesday Bible study has started up again. I could hardly wait for it to and really enjoyed myself with the ladies and GOD's WORD today!
READING...I forgot to mention readings I do from the internet! My brain always goes into book mode when I think of "reading." I have really enjoyed the reading on zooborns.com It is such a blessing to read and see the beauty of GOD's animal kingdom.
KITCHEN...leftovers: steak, lasanga, chicken, sausage gravy...
MISSING...I'll surely keep Robert in prayer for the LORD to return him safe and sound.
HEARING...Walker, Texas Ranger.
PLEASURE...eating out!
PET PEEVE...To back into my parking spaces.
GOING..already gone-to Bible study
QUOTING..."Trials are the soil in which faith grows." Daily Bread
MOVIE...haven't watched any lately.
CURIOUS...at why the movie 2016 hasn't been more advertized. I haven't see it yet, but have heard it is an eye opening documentary.
CHANGE...our country's heading. It is getting very close to bringing GOD's wrath upon it. The human race never seems to learn from its passed mistakes. How many times did GOD have to bring Israel under condemnation because of them falling into the sin of foreign nations' influences?
WEEK...Gracie's vet appointment tomorrow, dinner in Orlando, hair done, video taping at church...not to many differences from the other listings from before, ha!
FAVORITE...my new computer! WOW. I didn't realize how I had just stopped getting on my old one. My brother got me all set with a new computer, wireless and a bunch of other things!
PICTURES...I so enjoy seeing Hazie's pictures. She is so beautiful!
Love to you and yours, Susan