Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Downton Abbey Countdown


To our friends who are counting the days like we are until Season 4 of Downton Abbey begins...only 4 more days!  Last year's cliff hanger ending was so distressing.  I'm glad Julian Fellows was nowhere near our place at the time.  So many months we have waited patiently, avoiding every spoiler like the plague to have a fresh new season to enjoy.  I have appreciated our British friends and American friends that have streamed the season already that have not divulged anything to date. We are hoping for a much sweeter experience this year.

As we are watching it I will think of you.  All of you with whom we have discussed the series with great fervor for its content, beautiful costuming, and breathtaking setting and lovely cast.  I for one, find Lady Mary to be exquisite and gorgeous. She has undergone some refinement in the last couple of seasons and has become quite a lady of propriety and circumspection.  If you are a fan of Lady Mary I truly hope you'll love this picture as much as I do.  If you are smiling right now, you're with me!

Who is your favorite character in the series?  I like Carson, Mrs. Hughes, Daisy, John and Anna and of course the Grande Dame of the Abbey, Grandmama.  But Lady Mary is who I most enjoy watching.  Her exquisite manners, her clothing, her charm and sophistication are all fun.  She is simply beautiful...The End! That ~"The End~deserves a fancy font but I do not have one!

Well, enjoy my, sweet friends, one and all.  You will be on my mind as we all share in this experience together.  And if for some reason you are reading this and haven't watched it...check your local TV listings for PBS Sunday night Jan 5th, for Downtown Abbey, and join in on a wonderful experience with us.

This may be the first commercial I have ever done on this blog of nearly 2000 posts.  I love DA that much!

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

I'll have to check it out. I've never seen it. Susan