Sunday, July 13, 2014

Roast Beef Marinade

When we were first married and living in San Francisco, our friend, Maureen, had this most delicious recipe for roast beef.  For years I made it and then one day I couldn't find the recipe.  We had lost touch over the years but reconnected awhile back on Facebook.  I asked her if she still had that recipe after 40 something years.  She had to dig a little but she did find it.  So here it is.  I haven't tried it again yet but I want to at some point.

Buy the beef roast of your choice.  I always used just a tender boneless roast.

Marinade:

2 cups Burgundy Wine (I'm going to try it with 
the non-alcoholic variety of wine.)
2 medium onions finely chopped
2 or more cloves of minced garlic
3 bay leaves crumbled
1 tsp dried thyme

Marinate roast beef overnight.
Cook roast as usual
Add the marinade last 30 minutes
Use along with drippings to make the gravy.

I remember this was the best ever meat and gravy.
I'll report back after we try it!

I'm so glad we are back in touch after all these years.
Thanks, Maureen!

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

Looks scrumptious! I know it's got to taste even better! I have found I have to cut the recipe down to one serving, or the rest goes bad. I've tried freezing the leftover, but it gets freezer burn. I can hardly wait to try it out! The LORD bless you all, Susan.