Friday, February 28, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook~February 28, 2014


Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts about them.  
That is what this Daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One entry at a time.

Just for today~Friday, February 28, 2014
 
Outside my window...I had every intention of starting this early this morning...well it is after 1:00 PM.  The duties of running a household often interfere with the best laid plans of mice and men  women.  Today is an overcast day with some wonderful rain earlier in the day.  There are some raindrops forming on my window now so it looks like we will have more rain throughout the day.  In spite of our need for rain, I find I really need sunshine on my shoulders to be my best self.  I always feel a little melancholy when it is hiding.  But I remember my grandmother's words, "Continual sunshine produces only a desert!' and I endure the gray skies with hope and  prayers that this will never be a desert.
  
I am thankful for....our faith today.  I am grateful to have a believing heart that does not doubt and question my faith in Christ at every turn.  That would be a curse for sure and something that would continually produce angst.  I wouldn't want that and I am grateful it is not a part of my life.  I am happy with what I choose to believe and it is enough.  Others may believe as they wish as well.  This is one of our greatest liberties both spiritually and constitutionally.  Politics and social relativism do not cause me to waver. 

 My spiritual experiences are the basis of my testimony in Jesus Christ and the blessings of choosing His way.  I am thankful that Jim and I are both well-grounded in it and for the peace and happiness it affords us every single day.

From the learning room....things change in our lives continually.  It is wonderful to know that God does not change.  In him we can be sure of many things.  His love for us, His plan for us, and that that is an oasis of rest and comfort in good times and in bad.  His laws and His gifts for being obedient to them do not change.

I am reading...The Book Thief.  Love this story.  I plan to read it aloud to Jim while he is recovering from his surgery in a few months.  I will need to come up with some things that he will love doing while he recovers.  He loves it when I read to him.  A lively discussion always ensues and it is fun to share books that way with your spouse.

From the kitchen...We are all stocked up for the winter like the squirrels in the yard.  I always stock up more during the winter, it is a nesting thing I assume.  Anyway we have lots of choices for meals this week.  The plan for today is to have a nice lunch and then our popcorn night and movie.  We are watching Gravity tonight?  I am a little hesitant but people say we will like it.  We'll see.  Lunch is going to be quite late it seems as Jim is helping a friend and is not home yet.


Some spiritual thoughts I have been having...a lot of them I have already added in today above.  I just feel such a contentment in our choices and thankful to have the Lord center front in our lives.  It makes all the difference in how we face the challenges and enjoy the blessings.

I am hearing...You are the Sunshine of My Life.  One of my all time favorites songs. It always cheers me and makes me think of my family and close friends.

Pet Peeves...Facebook.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I love the uplifting things and the news of friends but the rest of it is beyond annoying.

I am quoting...Pinterest


That's what it's all about!

If I could change one thing it would be...that Jim could have his surgery now and not have to wait until May or June.  Poor guy.  He is so courageous in his suffering.  I would be a screaming maniac by now.  Not him, he just keeps on going.

An enjoyable movie/ TV show we have watched lately...Downton Abbey.  We are in withdrawals now so have been re-watching the whole series.  There is just something about it.  It might be that it just sweeps you away to another time and place.


I am curious about...how long it is going to be before my beautiful friend, Carol, gets over her illness that she has had since Christmas!   The meds are not working as they should and she is exhausted.   Not sure what virus she has but it is a bad one.  Praying for you, my friend.

Plans for the rest of the week...nothing finite on the calendar yet but work and a hair appointment.  And getting the taxes paid which can I just say will not be pleasant but just want to get it over with ASAP!   I need to do some writing and some family history and all kinds of fun stuff but the " have to dos" have been choking me lately.  They are getting heavier or I am getting slower or something.
  
One of my favorite things...getting the house all in order which has been ongoing since the holidays.  How can it possibly be the last day in February already?  I have been doing a lot of cleaning and puttering around and organizing but it is honestly never-ending.  But you know that, right?
 
Three things that made me so happy this past week...Getting my family history information on a program to preserve it.  And getting the sweetest little note for Julia and Chloe today.  Grandkids sure can boost you up so high with the smallest little thoughtful things they do.  And lastly getting some thank you notes done that were far too late not to be embarrassing.  But I did it! Whew!


The most surprising thing this past week...that we owe so much money to the IRS.  Yikes. Never sell a piece of property and take a retirement distribution in one year...never!

2 photos I am sharing this week...




A fun and spontaneous picnic we had the other day
 before Jim's appointment with his surgeon.


How pretty it looked outside when we finally
 got some rain yesterday morning.
It was nice to wake up and hear
 it raining on the roof!

UNTIL THE NEXT DAYBOOK,
 BE HAPPY AND CARRY ON!

❤♡♥♡❤♡♥♡❤♡♥s, Bon

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...I'm so glad the days are getting longer.
THANKFUL...for the leading of the Holy Spirit.
LEARNING...how important it is to listen for His "still small voice" amid the noise of the world.
READING...Ken Ham's Answers book 2
KITCHEN...my birthday leftovers!
SPIRITUAL...Trust in the LORD no matter what happens. "All things work to the good to those who love the LORD" (Romans 8:28)
HEARING...Lawrence Welk
PET PEEVE...That's why I only blog!
CHANGE...people's attitudes when driving in traffic jams!
MOVIE...still on the Astaire/Rogers movies!
CURIOUS...praying for you too, Carol. Alice is still going through much after chemo/radiation
PLANS...a restful week after this past busy, busy week!
FAVORITE...quiet after a loud, busy week!
HAPPY...my birthday with my lady friends, my birthday with my family, Brooklyn's birthday today with an all out "bash" with babies her age, family and friends!
SURPRISING...I did not have any pain with my sliced up fingers from start until now (6 weeks later!) I guess the 35 stitches have scar tissue that's trying to heal! But praise the LORD there were no broken fingers, damaged nerves or tendons, and especially no amputated fingers! GOD is so good! Love you all, Susan