Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook~May 18, 2014

Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts about them.  
That is what this Daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One entry at a time.

Just for today~Sunday, May 18, 2014 
Outside my window...Everything looks exceptionally pretty, crisp and bright. The reason...a beautiful day looks more spectacular through clean windows!  I have wanted to do them for awhile now but until the intermittent rain was over I didn't want to bother.  We had a big church party here last night so that meant doing some things that really needed doing with a deadline.  I actually quite love that in a normal year.  A reason to get going on projects is a good thing. Especially the day after when you have rested up and now you are all ready for summer. 

Each summer a wedding or something here can be a good thing.  But this year was especially tough with a hip surgery patient who is also an energizer bunny, then add in a deadline to meet.  That is not always a good combination and is more like the perfect storm.

I am thankful for....Jim did not hurt himself worse than he did doing all the yard work.  He is hobbling around here with a cane again but I am hoping the set back is temporary.  Very temporary.  It has been a very long 9 weeks.  Trying to keep a workaholic under wraps is no easy chore.  He would simply rather die than be idle.

From the learning room...People have agency to do as they please.  That is part of the test of this life.  Your choices are critical.  The consequences of bad choices are not optional.  The consequences of good choices are blessings.  The only way we can learn in some arenas is trial and error.  As an example, if a surgeon says you are now free to do pretty much what you use to with prudence and caution and stop if it hurts...all those are variables according to one's perspective and life style and experience. 

So Jim is learning slowly but surely what is feasible and what isn't.  Our ideas about that are very different and so...we are learning together.  He is learning to pace himself and I am learning not to get so exasperated when he is not doing it my way.  I see it as I want him to get better by being way more careful.  He is seeing it like he needs to stretch and grow and push himself to the limit without going over it. 

We are both frustrated but for different reasons.  Sometimes he does what he wants and is fine.  Sometimes not.  I guess that is how we are supposed to learn about this.  Because post-op instructions are way too vague once you get a few weeks out from the surgery.  We have to meet some place between an over-protective, nagging wife and Superman.

I am reading...No time for that lately except online things regarding Family History and Genealogy.

From the kitchen...Going to dinner at some friends' house tonight so yay!  I may only have one more meal to cook between now and Wednesday.  Woohoo!

Some spiritual thoughts I have been having... Repentance and forgiving yourself and others is so crucial to happiness and peace in this life. We are all just spiritual beings having an earthly experience.  That situation is meant to tempt and try us and strengthen us as well as bring us happiness and joy.  Things and people are not perfect and we shouldn't expect them to be  Unrealistic expectations of other people and ourselves is just begging for misery.

I am hearing...rustling leaves and absolutely nothing else.  So relaxing.

Pinterest

One of my pleasures...perennials.  I am so tried of planting annuals.  I think perennials are my new favorite flowers.  Yep, I am sure of it.

Pet Peeves...getting panhandled all the time.  I don't like it when people sit outside of stores just stocking their prey.  My favorite response these days.  "Sorry I do not carry cash...do you take credit cards?"  And phone solicitors...ugh!

I am quoting...Buddha. "It is your resistance to what is, that causes your suffering."  I don't usually quote Buddha from my Christian corner on the Internet, but truth is truth no matter where it comes from.  This is something that if you truly ponder it could alleviate a  lot of suffering.

If I could change one thing it would be...that everyone would be interested in preserving the memories of their own life and that of their parents and beyond if they know it.  If you don't who will?  In less than two generations a family memory can be completely lost.  That is just sad.  We sat around a table tonight with friends sharing stories, they were wonderful stories of real life that will be gone without some effort on the part of the storytellers.

An enjoyable movie/ TV show we have watched lately...Still thinking about The Book Thief, and The Scarlet and The Black ( an old Gregory Peck Movie.)  Excellent.

I am curious about...Nothing right now.  Brain is on overload as it is.

Plans for the rest of the week...tomorrow, get ready for work on Tuesday.  From Wednesday on is uncertain at this point depending on how Jim is doing by then.  it may be something very fun or just hanging out here at home.

One of my favorite things...having some free time.  Seems like it has been in short supply of late.

One thing that made me so happy this past week..Getting together with my friend Carol for nearly a half a day without any interruptions.  Also chatting with friends last night at our church party.  The yard was so comfortable.  A little chilly but that beats mosquitoes.

The most surprising thing this past week...was how much Jim did to prepare the house and yard for summer.  That was in spite of overdoing it and paying the price.  But he is just unstoppable.  It just is what it is, and I am going to try to stop worrying about it and enjoy the fruits of his labors.

A photo I am sharing this week...Last week Jim and I had a few hours where we could actually go into San Francisco.  We were not there long but it was so refreshing to visit the sea and have a pizza for lunch in our favorite SF pizzeria.  This is one of the photos I took that I truly love.  It captures what we saw and felt as we meandered around in the cypress grove above the water just north of the Cliff House restaurant.  It was a magnificent day in our favorite city.  Camera in hand~oh how we do love doing this.  For a few hours~no hip worries.  Heaven in a snapshot.




A little piece of this peace
can take me quite far from 
the concerns of the day!


UNTIL THE NEXT DAYBOOK,
 BE HAPPY AND CARRY ON!

❤♡♥♡❤♡♥♡❤♡♥s, Bon

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...it has been windy the last few days. I told the LORD how concerned I am about this tall dead tree that has a hawk's nest with babies in it. It was really swaying in the wind! I pray it doesn't fall!
THANKFUL...that your Jim is able to get around after all of his work.
LEARNING...that care and concern goes both ways.
READING..."The Seven Dispensations in the Bible" by Norbert Lieth.
KITCHEN...grits and oats!
SPIRITUAL...to continually pray for those who reject our LORD. It may be to our praying for them without ceasing that He answers our prayers and blesses them too!
HEARING..."The Rifleman" in the background.
PLEASURES...eating out with friends.
QUOTING...I'm sad to say his suffering is definitely alleviated now because of rejecting Jesus Christ as the only way, truth, and life. (John 14:6)
CHANGE...that I could have a full time chef, lol!
MOVIE..."GOD of Wonders" the beauty of GOD's creation.
CURIOUS...how you tend to sleep more when you eat less!
WEEK... nothing, wow!
FAVORITE...ice cream sounds good about now!
SURPRISING...I think I have beat my "flour moth" problem in the bird's room! YEA!
HAPPY...going out with my neighbor friend to see a musical!
Beautiful picture! Love to you all, Susan