Friday, September 26, 2014

Autumn! My Favorite Time Of The Year!


  1. The color: PUMPKIN
  2. Excited grandchildren that love picking out their own pumpkins.
  3. Caramelized Apple Cider From Starbuck's.
  4. Local Fall-Fest activities
  5. Dried, salted pumpkin seeds
  6. Nesting
  7. Bringing out the cozy blankets and throws
  8. Watching movies near the fireplace with Jim
  9. The anticipation of the entire Holiday Season
  10. Crockpot cooking
  11. Candles and candy corn
  12. The crackle of leaves beneath my feet
  13. The smell of fireplaces burning in cozy homes
  14. Goards and other seasonal decorative items
  15. Carving Jack-O-Lanterns with the kids
  16. Not having to dream up costumes anymore!
  17. Pumpkin bread
  18. Corn stalks and hay bales
  19. Scarecrows
  20. Red, gold and yellow leaves on and off the trees.

I also love all the fun photos of the kids playing and having fun this time of the year. Isn't it sad that we don't do this kind of stuff when we grow up? Maybe we all should in a few weeks when the leaves are deep on the ground and it is cool and crispy out. Thanks for the idea, Zachary!



And lastly, the Beautiful Autumn Wreath that my good friend, Sydne, made for me a few year's ago. I love this wreath! I love all the feelings of the approaching holidays it stirs up within. It is my favorite time of the year.


What do you love about it?

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

Great list of favorites for autumn! Let me see, here in Florida, we don't have as much of a change other than the cooler temperatures! Our oaks don't lose their leaves until spring! Then what a limey green they are. I wish they could stay that color, but they darken into deep green! I see more of the turtles digging their holes for the coming cooler weather. We can't stop them because they are a protected species! So when I see one coming through my opened gate, I go out, pick him up, turn him the other way and shut my gate, ha! (I don't have any of their burrows in my yard, so I wouldn't be keeping them from 'going home!") Autumn time is azalea time too! The bushes sense the cooler weather, shortening days, and start to bloom! My dogs rip rump and run like the wind all over the yard in the cool breeze! (It's too hot to run in the sun of summer!) We start to get the migrating birds in their "bunches" heading south! Most of all, I like visiting Nellie's home with all of the fall decorations in their beautiful arrays! Thanks, Bonnie, for making me think about autumn! Susan