Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook~June 7, 2011


So, For Today...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Outside my window...a week of June is now past and it seems like only a matter of time before summer gets here. But it still looks like early spring. We missed May's flowers from Aprils shower...maybe in July! It is supposed to be nice and sunny today. This early it is still overcast. Sunshine please bless our days, we miss you!

I am thankful for...the hope and gift of each new day. The blessing of a good night's sleep so that things look doable in the morning. And the Gift of the Holy Ghost which allows us know the truth of all things and especially for the gift of knowing through the spirit and actual turn of events that the Lord knows us personally and loves us.

I am praying for..peace, the people we loved dearly, the safety of traveling to our reunion for everyone, a great bonding time for all, good health for a lot of people, those seeking new jobs, new babies just born, and mostly that the Lord will heard our thanks of praise for His goodness.

From the learning room...miracles are a very big part of my life and yours. Acknowledging them and where they come from is paramount to happiness. There are no coincidences.

I am reading...my lengthy "to do" lists.

From the kitchen...Food prepared for the rest of the week and dinner made for tonight a family that just had a new baby boy in our ward.

I am wondering...how I am going to do on my weight loss efforts over the next couple of weeks when I will not be on my routine. Doing lots of planning ahead to keep off the 25. Hoping added exercise and lots of walking will counter the different eating patterns and being really careful.

I am hearing...Pandora, Miles Davis mix. Very nice.


Today if I could change one thing...removal of the stress and anxiety of someone close and his family over some possible health issues.

I am quoting..."But let there be spaces in your togetherness, and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone, even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. And stand together, yet not too near together: for the pillars of the temple stand apart, and the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow." -Kahlil Gibran on marriage. Read at our wedding 43 years ago on June 15th.

I am thinking about...Getting dressed right now and getting to my 9:30 meeting on time.

I am going...enjoy being with all the family so much and the drive with Jim. We enjoy driving and having that uninterrupted time together. Looking forward to not having to hassle the airport, etc this time. And I am going to Utah in July for a week for a conference on Family History and then both Jim and I are going back to Utah for Education Week in August. And it is time to think about where we are going for Christmas. We have an idea but can't say at this point. So there's lots of traveling coming up in the next months. I am glad we have had a good long time here at home too.

I am missing...my patience. Time to get out of Dodge for awhile!


One of my joyous pleasures...having Laura on this continent so we can chat on the phone most anytime we want to!


Pet Peeves...water bottles that are now so flimsy you cannot get a good grip on them to open them without causing a big dent.

One of my favorite things...Gouda Cheese and fresh sourdough French bread.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...I am not a fan of old movies like from the 40's. I watched "A Farewell To Arms" and it was so hokey! Rock Hudson and Jennifer Jones where like paper dolls. We also watched "A Rebel Without A Cause." I think James Dean did an incredible job and I think he may have been one of the first to try improvisation. The fans went crazy because he was real. The newish movie called James Dean with James Franco is excellent.

I am curious about...whether people should buy gold and silver now and what is going to happen to the dollar.

Around the house...the storm before the calm. Almost there!

A few plans for the rest of the week...finish instructions for people that will be at the house and get their keys to them, wash the car, finish all the last minutes things...go to the Rocky Mountains High. I may unplug for a few weeks if I can stand it. Don't forget me while I'm gone, OK? I sure will not forget you.

Here is a photo and some thoughts I am sharing with you today....

Our families, crazy as they may seem and feel sometimes are all ours. We are a group of people selected by God to love and care for each other like no others. Each person adds a new dimension to our lives, helps us grow and change and become who we are supposed to be. Like the petals of a flower each person is needed for the total beauty to be seen and felt. The family makes our circle of love complete. So happy to be heading off for our reunion soon. God bless you all while we are gone!

4 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...the 5 ferrel kittens are growing! I remember when "mama" carried them by their necks up close behind my house. They could hardly crawl; now they're climbing to the tree tops in my back yard!
THANKFUL...to be able to sleep in until 6:30 instead of 5:15 a.m.
PRAYING...to the LORD knowing He has all things in His control. Now I pray for my faith to always remember that no matter what occurs.
LEARNING...to give my full trust in the LORD and His Promise, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
READING...my retirement cards, over and over enjoying them as I write my thank you cards to each person.
KITCHEN...left over Chili's, Perkins, and Applebys meals from my gift cards!
WONDERING...of the Glory of the LORD and His angels assistance! I fell over Sam with a glass of tea in my hand! As I landed on my knees, left hand, and right elbow, the glass of tea only lost about four drops of tea! It took me several minutes to get back to my feet, but no less for wear!
HEARING...Casey Anthony's Court room case, live.
CHANGE...my mind about going to L.A. Fitness. If I'm aching from a smal fall, I can just imagine when I get back from working out!
QUOTING..."Let not your hearts be troubled; You believe in GOD, believe also in Me. For in My Father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you. And, if I go I will come again and receive you unto Myself that where I am you may be also!"
THINKING...why am I still in my nightgown at 4:50 p.m. I haven't even checked the mail yet!
GOING...to Jim and Nellie's in a few minutes to download the pictures they took at my retirement.
PET PEEVES...Yes, worse yet, the 2 liter bottles!!
FAVORITE...Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits!
MOVIE...I want to see the new animated movie about the macaw parrot.
CURIOUS...REvelation speaks of a time when even gold will be worthless! Why would people want to buy pavement? (Streets of God!)
AROUND...You know it! Did you see where NASA shared about the solar flare that shot out is the largest in 40 years! I hope that doesn't mean a bad hurricane season!
PLANS...enjoy my tea, my blog notebooks, sitting in comfort; Facebooking, blogging, e-mailing...
Love to you and yours,
Susan

LA Adams said...

Ahh, Bonnie, you will NEVER be forgotten and I sure like the family plaque. Thanks for all your words they mean a lot to me.

Marie Rayner said...

Great daybook as always Bon! I love how these daybook posts we each do somehow draws us closer to each other in a rather unique kind of way. I feel as if I get to know you better each and every time! You sure have a lot of plans and travels in your future. I shall be keeping you in my prayers for safety! I am so struggling with the weight issues. I can't seem to budge my weight at all. I don't eat a lot most days and I hardly ever eat any of the things I bake. Todd does and a lot of it goes to friends. I have little tastes. I never eat a full portion of anything. I think it is my lack of exercise. It's hard to get much in when just walking is a problem. Love you loads! xxoo

laura.elizabeth said...

Oooo! I love that stitchery. I am stealing that saying for a sign, it is perfect!