Saturday, May 19, 2012

An Emerson Gem


~Success~

"To laugh often and much~
To win the respect of intelligent people
 and the affection of children~
 To earn the appreciation of honest critics 
and endure the betrayal of false friends~
To appreciate beauty,
 To find the best in others;
 To leave the world a bit better, 
Whether by a healthy child,
 A garden patch 
Or a redeemed social condition~
To know that even one life has 
Breathed easier because you have lived. 
 This is to have succeeded." 

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Just one...

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Miss Bonnie
What a lovely poem or whatever you would call it. I say a hearty Amen to it. Ralph knew what he was talking about............

That would sure be my prayer and I know yours too. Hope you are both doing well. Take Care now,
Love ya, Nellie

sistersusiesays said...

Hi Bonnie. Thank you for sharing the poem of great value. I pray all is well with you and yours. I haven't been blogging as much as I use to. I need to get busy again, ha.
Love to you all, Susan