Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reflections

Today is my Mom's Birthday anniversary.  Were she not in heaven she would be 93 today.  Her twin brother, Joseph, is still alive and I must call him today.  Last year when I called him and said "Happy 92nd Birthday, Uncle Joe"  He replied,  "92, 92"?  "Darn, I  thought I was 93".  As long as he lives I feel a little part of my mom is still here.  They are so much alike in so many ways.

Uncle Joe

 

I wrote this poem below for the inside
 of her funeral program.


My Mother is Always With Me
My mother is always with me.
She's the whisper of the leaves
as I walk down the street.
She's the smell of bleach
in my freshly laundered socks.
She's the cool hand on my brow
when I'm not feeling well.
My mother lives inside my laughter.
She's crystallized in every tear drop.
She's the place I came from
She's my first home.
She's the map that I follow
with every step that I take.
She's my first l♥ve
and my first heart♥break.
Nothing on earth can separate us.
Not time, not space,
Not even death
will ever separate me
from my mother.
I carry her inside of me.
~Author Unknown 



She always love blue, lavender and purple

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

How much we still rely on the thoughts of our moms. How different it shall be when we will be as sisters in Heaven as the children of GOD. There will be no marriage between people then, for that will have been in a past time. What GOD has instore for us will be so different. The Love of GOD will overflow without the boundaries we have in this fallen world now. Love to you and yours now and forevermore! Susan