Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Simple Woman's Daybook~January 12, 2013

This photo is from pinterest
Musings of Life
I adore it!
An Illustration by Erin
Depicting Jo March from Little Women!


Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something to remember
the everyday moments and my thoughts about them.  
That is what this daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One entry at a time.

Just for today~Saturday, January 12, 2013
 

Outside my window...It is clear and beautiful and not a creature is stirring.  It is 30 degrees out and California is numb.  We are not up for these kinds of temperatures.  Hope this cold snap ends soon!  It is going to be a lovely day to stay warm inside or walk very fast when out in it.  I know this is funny to those of you who live in really cold climates but here our homes are not built with sufficient insulation, etc. to handle it.  And our outerwear is not designed for it either and our cold is damp.  So burrr!

I am thankful for...finally being dermatitis free.  It has taken months but I feel normal again.  Yay!  I hope it is gone forever!
 
From the learning room...changes are hard.  Whether they be spiritual, physical, mental, social, emotional or whatever they are difficult.  We need God's help in all we try to do.  There is no going it alone, that is the good part.


I am reading...instructions on making an animated PowerPoint presentation.  I should be working on it now but I'd rather be doing this.  I am procrastinating the inevitable.  I have a new project due...yesterday but I am dragging my feet because I want it to be perfect and am not sure how to make that happen.  So waiting for inspiration and the 'just do it spirit' to prevail.

From the kitchen...Artichoke ravioli and salad and crusty bread for dinner either today or tomorrow and I am going to a luau for lunch!  Our good friends' little grandson is being baptized today and his Daddy is Hawaiian so there will be a befitting feast afterwards.  Poor Jim has a day long meeting today for Scouts so he will be missing the sacred occasion for Isaac and fellowship afterwards.  We have known and loved five generations of this little boy's family.  His great-great-grandmother was baptized on a cold winter's day in the icy waters of the North Sea many decades ago.  I can still hear her bearing testimony of that event in many testimony meetings.  Sweet Grandma Kest.  What a delightful thing to see what her choice has done for her posterity. 


I am missing...my get up and go.  I have got to get up from this computer and get going on the things of the day.  In just a minute.

Some spiritual thoughts I have been having...God is so mindful of us and faithful in his promises to us.  It is all very remarkable and peace promoting.  His peace is different that the world's peace.  In fact that may be because in the world there is no true and enduring peace really.  Just glimpses of it from time to time.

I am hearing..."When You Love Someone" by James Ingram and Anita Baker from the soundtrack of Forget Paris.  Have you seen that movie?  One of the sweetest and funniest movies in my memory.  I love this song.


One of my guilty pleasures...Jamoca Almond Fudge from 31.

Pet Peeves...when I over think things, wondering, speculating, trying to figure things out that make no sense to me.  I need to let my heart and soul rest and let go of things that perplex me and I need make my brain stop working overtime. Sheesh!  Some things just need to remain a mystery.  It is not my job to always try to "get it!" 

I am going...to have our two daughters all to myself for a few precious days at the end of this month.  I am ecstatic about it.  It has never happened before for more than a few hours.  It is going to be a girls' fiesta.

I am quoting...Pinterest:


If I could change one thing it would be...my BMI.

An enjoyable movie we have watched lately...Oh, Downton Abbey for sure.  Season 3 episode 1 under our belts and full season being mailed here on January 29th via Amazon!  We did see The Hobbit and found it quite disappointing.  Too much CG and fighting and noise.  Ugh!  And a big departure from the book.

I am curious about...why I am still sitting here when I have to be out of the house rather soon.  Honestly, I am hopeless.

Plans for the rest of the week...Get my Family History presentation done so I can meet with the man that is helping me with the electronics and practice the coordination of the equipment, logistics, etc.  that is #1 on my list.  Everything else will fall into the mix somewhere but this is my first priority. 

  One of my favorite things...Laura and Robert got iPhones today!  Yeehaw!  And we got a new camera yesterday.  A late Christmas present from each other.  Yay!  Expect better photos in the future!

A photo I am sharing this week...


This picture was taken on Christmas Eve night around midnight.  We had gone to St Mary's College for a late service in their beautiful European Chapel.  We took this photo as we were leaving.  Unfortunately we arrived late due to an Internet error in printing the time of the service!  But we did hear some beautiful hymns by their choir at the end of the service and the setting was beautiful. 

So I am posting this photo because Christmas is now all but a wonderful memory for 2012.  All the Christmas decorations and evidence of it has been tucked away from another year.    The house is looking rather drab as it always does for those few days after all the red disappears.  It was a nice Christmas.  In spite of the mix up on the time at St. Mary's it remains one of our favorite memories this year.  There was just something magical about that whole beautiful night.  So Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! 2013 bring it on!

❤♡♥♡❤♡♥♡❤♡♥s, Bon

1 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

I love the picture. It fits to your beautiful personality!
OUTSIDE...it reached 80 degrees!
THANKFUL...for wonderful bloggers!
LEARNING...It isn't just one day at a time, but moment by moment!
READING...Joy & Peace by Oswald Chambers.
KITCHEN...leftovers from Jerry's birthday!
MISSING...I'm getting better over missing my Sam.
SPIRITUAL...The Greatness of GOD and how minute I am - humbling.
HEARING...Gaither Homecoming Hour of singing praises to GOD on tv while I'm on the computer!
PLEASURE...Cream cheese Bear Claws!
PET PEEVE... I know what you mean, the deeper I go into thought the more complex it becomes!
GOING...to video tape tonight's mentor program to assist those who couldn't attend.
QUOTING..."The heart of prayer is prayer from the heart." Daily Bread
CHANGE...That hot water heaters can never break and overflow!
MOVIE...The Twelve Dogs of Christmas. (Netflix)
CURIOUS...why kittens have to be into everything!
PLANS...taping tonight's seminar, Ladies Bible study Wednesday (YEA!),Grace's grooming Thursday as well as my retirement seminar, Friday hair done. Saturday-empty, Sunday, the LORD's Day.
FAVORITE...retrieving my pictures again for my blog!!!!
Love to you and yours, Susan