Thursday, August 5, 2010

Still Learning!

How I am feeling at the moment!

Here are some things I have learned this week:

1. Although it is nice to have some quiet time, I do miss Jim and wish he'd hurry home.

2. Even though you have paid into Medicare your whole life.....when you reach 65 and become eligible you still have to pay for it every month and it is not cheap. Really? Am I the only one that did not know this? I guess I never really thought about it. I am glad I got a few years notice before the bill rolls in.

3. Oh, and while I was getting educated about Medicare, I also learned that in 2013 we will all start paying taxes to cover the new Health Care Bill. Just what we need a few more people to support. Is it a coincidence that this is the year following the Presidential Election? I think not...
(You probably all knew this already, but I purposely try to avoid most current events. I don't watch TV, sooooo I am often the last to be in the know. I do read the news on the internet, but I am selective. Call me crazy, but I think it helps me stay a little more sane really. I don't like the sensationalism of the media, mostly.

4. I learned that Laura and Robert's garbage issues in Italy are almost evenly matched with the garbage issues in RI. You are allowed six tall kitchen bags of garbage per week, period. The Good Will and other charity shops will not let you donate anything on site. They come to your home and take only what they want. You cannot have a garage sale without a permit. Welcome back to America, kids!

5. In our state one man can over turn legal changes to the constitution made by voters in an election. I have been reading too much about WW2 over the past year for that not to scare the pants off me.

6. We have a son-in-law, Lowell, that turned 40 today and I still think of them as kids. But I kinda love that they are coming over to our side of the hill, don't you? He has reached that point where the old people start looking younger and younger. It is also when you start feeling less and less secure as all the cops and doctors look 12.

7. You can be fine one day and in surgery for a brain tumor the next. That happened to my friend, Carol Nielsen, yesterday. Tumor out, size of an orange, awaiting lab results. Through God's grace prayers were answered.

8. Never even think that you are almost done with your work...someone will ask you to teach a lesson on Sunday with two days notice! And I am singing that song..."Because I have been given much, I too must give"...and I am happy to do it!

9. Panhandlers get up early. I went to the store for Jim on Saturday morning for a couple of things @ 7:00 am and there they were...targeting me. Do I have a big sign on me somewhere?

10. I must be a full-fledged adult now because in spite of a bad hair cut and color and I still love my hair stylist and I didn't cry or get mad! My hair never comes out the same twice anyway, but never have I gotten a bad cut and a bad color at the same time. Yikes. But it is just hair and it will grow and that is a far cry from the way I would have reacted when I wasn't a grown-up.

11. It is a good idea to check on your monthly bills occasionally to see if you can get better rates, etc. I did this at the beginning of the week and saved $600.00 on car insurance, got a $100.00 refund from our cell phone company who had been charging us for our daily horoscope reports since last November. I don't do horoscopes and I never ordered it...whoops. They wanted to refund me for two months but a little persistence got the entire refund.

12. Once again, I have learned that you must be an expert in every field to protect yourself and advocate for yourself because no on else is going to actually try to save you money while trying to take your money.

13. The only peace we can really have is in our God, our values and standards, and our beloved family and friends. Therein lies our Title of Liberty.

14. I cannot stand blog posts with no photos (coming out of my house) so here are some pretty flowers to balance all this out a little.


Ahhh, God's beautiful handiwork
always eases the ruffled features!

15. You have to write something like this when you are in the house by yourself for days on end with no one to listen to your belly aching! Sorry, love you...Bye!

6 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Bonnie, I feel your pain on so many issues!! ((((hugs)))) I hope that Jim hurries home soon!! I have never been away from Todd, and I can just imagine how lonely I would be if he weren't here for me! Love you loads! xxoo

sistersusiesays said...

We all need to "unload" our feelings. I am glad you shared yours. Many are my concerns too! As for Medicare, I think it went bankrupt some time ago and that's why they are now charging us to "use" our own monies we put into it! To tell you the truth, I think the government has embezzled Americans' monies by giving it to those who have never paid into it. This multi-generational welfare system receives medicade for those who start having babies at 12/13 and have 5 or 6 kids by the time they are 20 (and can't tell you who any of their fathers are!) Free housing, which they trash in 5-8 years and it has to be bulldozed down and rebuilt; food stamps and clothing allotment for all of their illegitament (which the Bible calls, bastard) children; free cell phone service; and the man in the White House wanted to give them free cars and insurance! They have never paid a cent into this system, but reap more than those who have paid into it! Don't get me wrong. I am for helping the poor, but the poor is different from this multi-generational welfare system. From the womb to the tomb they take, take, take, and do no giving. The poor will work at any job they can get. Those sucking the system dry refuse to work! God's Word mentions about this kind when He said if you don't work, you don't eat! What happened to Capitolism which gave people the choice to choose to make or not make something of themselves? Those that work, receive. Those that don't work, "they made their beds, they can lie in them." Now, this Congress wants to allow any and every one to come across our borders with no check of ID? What an invitation from the White House to the Terrorist! Only they won't be bringing backpacks of drugs, but suitcast mini-nukes that can take out a million or more people in ONE blast. Just think of 15 or 20 going off!

I am so glad our God has everything in control. I believe the Rapture is not very far off and the LORD is allowing this terror to enter to allow His Wrath to come upon a nation that has turned its back upon Him!

That's my thoughts. I shall keep praising my God; allowing Him to Guide my life, and giving Him the glory for what he has prepared for those who love His Appearing! So Be It, Amen!

Loves and hugs in the LORD,
Susie

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

HI BON, YOU HAVE LEARNED A LOT THIS WEEK!! LOL
ACTUALLY, I THINK WE CAN ALL RELATE IF WE HAVE SEEN ANY NEWS AT ALL...
DOESN'T TAKE MUCH TO FIGURE OUT OUR NATION IS IN A WHOLE HEAP OF TROUBLE
AND IN NEED OF THE MERCY AND HELP OF
OUR LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER....TOO BAD MOST PEOPLE DO NOT EVEN HAVE THOSE THOUGHTS ON THEIR RADAR SCREEN...AND UNTIL THEY DO, I DON'T SEE ANYTHING GETTING ANY BETTER.
I AM JUST SO GRATEFUL THAT THE LORD HAS IT ALL UNDER CONTROL AND OUR JOB IS TO PRAY AND TRUST HIM TO TAKE CARE OF US, AND TO DO WHATEVER HE ASKS US TO DO. WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS......BUT THANK GOD WE KNOW HE HOLDS OUR FUTURE.
LOVE YA GIRLIE, LEFT A COMMENT ON YOUR POST ABOUT ROSS TOO!!
NELLIE

Caroline Craven said...

Sometimes learning is still painful!!! But, the beautiful picture of flowers brought a smile to my face and a thought to mind - that God is over all, even in this crazy mixed up world. I'm so thankful for His mercy in my life and in the lives of those I love, even in perilous times (personal or otherwise).

Laura said...

It's been too long. Seeing your blog again, makes me feel warm and fuzzy. LOVE your blog.

LA Adams said...

Nice flowers!! I loved the news - except about Carol. We heard a funny story in church today when her kids told us she was telling the nurse which church she was in and LDS turned to Mormon on the computer and Carol said that's right and started to sing, "I Belong to The Church of Jesus Christ......." (Can't take the primary out of that lady!). Anyway the news was good and inspiring and we're all praying for the best.