Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~October 27, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Outside my window...It is black, the new moon is over and I have insomnia. It is 1:20 in the morning. So I thought I might as well do some work here as just lie in bed tossing and turning. I don't do this often but it is always when I go to bed a little earlier than usual. I went to bed to read, fell asleep and then woke up when Jim came to bed. I had just enough of a nap to not be sleepy anymore. Arrgh!

I am thinking...about someone that is getting old, needs help and refuses to accept it. Why do people do that? It is a blessing to let someone else serve you. When your pride gets in the way, or your fear you deprive the server of their blessings also. In the case of this person I think it is a big fear of losing independence. That time in life must be very difficult.

I am thankful for...our health and strength and pray we can use it well to serve others.

From the learning room...the more you learn the more you realize how much there is to learn. Never stop learning and changing and growing.

I am reading...The Help still. I read about two sentences and fall asleep. It is not the book, it is me. Horizontal and book = sleepyhead. I should try it right now actually.

I am wondering...why our bed will feel so warm and cozy and heavenly at 6:00 am when I need to get up?

I am hearing...Celine Dion...Have You Ever Been In Love? Ummm...yes!

Today if I could change one thing...the removal of all pesticides and other poisons in our food and our environment.

I am quoting..."An authentic life is made up of recognizing beautiful moments in an imperfect world." Melissa Michaels

I am going...to look for a new stock pot this week as ours is broken and don't faint but I have talked Jim into letting me buy him a new suit. His is hanging on him by a thread...it is way past time. Getting him into a store is like pushing a donkey up a mountain. Wish me luck!

I am missing...my thinner self...Oh wait...was there ever such a being?

One of my guilty pleasures....spending time with my beloved girlfriends.
The way we laugh and play is so much fun. All of you are a tremendous blessing in my life.

Pet Peeves...
phone trees.

One of my favorite things...a place for everything and everything in its place.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Roan Inish, an Irish Fable.

I am curious about...how we are ever going to come o
ut of this economic disaster in the world?

A few plans for the rest of the week...Visiting Teaching, haircut, skipping Halloween, getting some plans together for the holidays, thinking about having Thanksgiving here if we can think of someone who needs a place to go to dinner, I'll cook. Any takers? I need to get in touch with my friend, Michelle in Canada, keep blogging about New England until I am done. It may be Thanksgiving at the rate I am getting to it. Empty my pots and winterize the yard a little.

Here is a photo and thought I am sharing with you....

Hazie all dressed up as a butterfly for a Halloween party. This photo reminds me of a quote I saw under the picture of a little sleeping angel once. It said, "When you have wings, who needs legs?" The only thing I like about Halloween is the fun the grandies have. And the creativity of their mothers.

8 comments:

margaret said...

Hazie is fabulous, she never, ever fails to surprise and delight.

And the person who won't accept help is probably frightened it's the beginning of the slippery slope, they want to stave off accepting help because they fear everything will go downhill fast.

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I love, love, love you!

Caroline Craven said...

I can relate to much of your post. My sleeping habits are in a weird funk and I am working on getting that resolved. Kent has a couple of suits that need to be replaced - they are at least 10 years old (and he keeps wearing them). I totally agree about the pesticides and other toxins, no wonder 1 in 3 people has or will have cancer, and that stat will only get worse unless changes are made. I keep hearing the "experts" say the recession is over, however, Kent had to take a cut in pay (again) because their office has not work. It doesn't feel like the recession is over to us.

On a brighter note, Hazie is just the cutest. Halloween is a pain for me, but Jen gets kudos for going the extra, extra mile to make it fun for Hazie. She is earning "sky miles" of an entirely different sort!!!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Bonnie,
Very cute pic of Hazie. That is the thing I like about Halloween is the cute lil ones dressed up in cute costumes having such fun.

Now I haven't the faintest idea of what a phone tree is??? Explain please!! lol

So did you really like this movie Roan Inish a lot?? or was it so so?? If you really liked it we will have to get it from netflix.

Oh we saw Letters to Juliet and just love love loved it. Watched it twice. It was just so lovely.

I really think we all have to learn to receive, It is easy to give, but it is a whole nother thing to receive, but a closed hand can't receive, and it is true that you rob someone else of a blessing when you choose not to receive their gift of hospitality or help or whatever it is they desire to give you, and you rob yourself as well.
So silly we are.......but I do think it comes from fear but sometimes from pride!!

Have a good day hon,
Blessings, Nellie
come by soon, I have missed hearing from you!!

sistersusiesays said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BUTTERFLY!

OUTSIDE...I'm so sad to find a ferrel kitten that rell in my pool and died. I hope it now has a life with our Creator.

THINKING...of your comment (in reverse)I have a kindgartner that just refuses to cooperate with any task given him. It's like he is starving for my attention 100% of the time, yet disrespects any I give him (when I catch him doing good.)

THANKFUL...the LORD renews my strength each day.

LEARNING ROOM...the more I learn, the more I realize that it is a constant need; now, as well as when we are in Eternity. Only then, the joy of being in God's Perfect Will with a Perfect Body will not have the sorrows that come about in this fallen world.

READING...through I Samuel.

WONDERING...why I wake up at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday when I could sleep in until....whenever.

HEARING...Bret on Fox News talking with Joe Buck about a $58 million budget for a baseball team!!!

CHANGE...it would be to have the discipline we once had in the classroom. Now we have been brought down to pampering (which DOES NOT work!)

QUOTING..."HE who strives to be first will be last..." What happens to those who strive at being last?

GOING...to look very hard for those rare beautiful moments that do exist somewhere n this imperfect world.

MISSING...the enjoyable past of teaching.

GUILTY PLEASURES...still is Wendy's chocolate Frosty!

PET PEEVES...what order I feed my pets.

FAVORITE THING...when Friday gets here...TGIF!

MOVIE...

CURIOUS...about the reason the LORD allows evil leaders to be in control (?)

WEEKS PLANS...finish graphing on spread sheets, every single listing in the school's curriculum guide for every subject for each of my students. The tunnel is long and dark!

I thank my GOD He is the Light at the end of the tunnel and that He is leading me through it.

Love and hugs to you,
Susie

Deanna said...

I'm so sorry...we read everything and then Marshall and I saw Miss Hazie and everything else fell out of our brain. She is such an angel...oh, that smile is worth millions of $$$$$!

Oh, we did remember something, what in the world is a phone tree? We are both mystified...hahaha :D

Love you,
Deanna :D

Marie Rayner said...

How did I miss this!! I am missing my thinner self too Bonnie. I wonder if I will ever find her again . . . I think probably not. I do love that sweet little butterfly. How utterly adorable!! I think Hazel is the most loveable little treasure! xxoo

laura.elizabeth said...

That is the CUTEST Halloween costume, butterfly, and child I have EVER seen! Jen is amazing! Her creativity and enthusiasm for life are endless. Hazel is SO blessed to have her for a mom.