Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Greetings from New Hamphire

Dear Friends,

Wow, all the blogging I thought I was going to do...the best laid plans. Sorry! I think I am the most sorry, I really need this daily exercise in my life. I plan to go back and write about a lot of the wonderful things we have been doing over the last, I don't know how many days. I have a hard time keeping track of time as it is, but on vacation, it is hopeless. I think it is Tuesday, but I wouldn't stake my life on it or anything.

So far we have been to Utah where we spent four jammed packed days and celebrated Aynslee's 8th birthday and baptism. It was a wonderful day and Missy prepared a delicious meal afterward. We enjoyed Hazie's 3rd birthday in a canyon with a fun BBQ, friends, fishing and even roasting marshmallows by the river bank. She loved it, we all did. We went to a fall festival, visited with Missy's parents and had a full day of church. It was a busy and fun time. We were pretty tired when we jumped the plane for Rhode Island.

Arriving in Rhode Island was really wonderful. We had the Mad Hatter's ride from Chicago over and it didn't even bother me, I was just so excited to see the kids. We enjoyed seeing how much the boys had grown and matured in the 10 months since we had seen them. Of course Robert and Laura are just great and their new location is absolutely fantastic. They are living on an island resort actually. The island is the most tranquil place I think I have ever been. We fell in love with New England at first sight and the honeymoon is far from over. Those first five days we just relaxed and got acquainted with their island...LOVE it.

Their house is just right. A little smaller than they had in Italy and downsizing is never easy, but Laura has turned it into a little heaven on earth. She is such a talented decorator. I am so proud of the home she creates no matter where they live, it always feels like the best place they have ever had. Rhode Island, at least where they live, is like a bird sanctuary. When the windows are open all you hear are the beautiful birds singing away. I don't think there is a quieter more relaxing place anywhere. I was practically catatonic from relaxation by the time Saturday rolled around and Jim's leg has improved significantly.

On Saturday we left (sadly without Robert) for our week long trip around New England. We spent 3 delightful days in Maine! Oh my, how we did love it there. We arrived here in the White Mountains of New Hampshire last evening and will be here until later tomorrow. We are staying in a very "different" bed and breakfast here. The words, camping inside, bizarre decor, and 'not the Awhawnee' come to mind. But more on that later.

This morning after a nice breakfast here, we took the advice of our Inn Keeper and set off for a spectacular Fall Foliage day trip. I don't think I have ever seen anything in Nature that is more beautiful. There are no words and even the pictures cannot do it justice. Only the human eyes with their panoramic view of it all at once, can really take it in. It has been joyous to behold...all day long. This is New Hampshire's gift. We have taken so many beautiful pictures but, I don't have any photos to add right now, as Jim has the camera and is off to a zip line experience with Laura and the boys.

I have enjoyed my few minute of peace and quiet to reconnect with all of you. Now I am going to stop by as many blogs as I can before they return. Tomorrow we are heading out for Quechee Gorge, VT...just a few miles from the famous Woodstock of the 60s, but more importantly just a few miles from Sharon, VT where the Prophet of the Restoration was born. Exciting times.

Love to all,

Bon

P.S. Not a clue why the new computer, along with Picasa is putting One Designing Woman (which you cannot fully read as I have enlarged the photo) but just so you know the photo above was taken by One Designing Man! Those of you who recognize this location will probably love it.

9 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
So great to hear from you. Have really missed you girly. That is so neat you were at least close to where we went to pick Scott up. He was in Gorham N.H., right close to the White Mountains and that would have been his next climb. Sounds like you are having a more than fabulous time, I am so glad and so happy to hear Jim's leg is better, we have been praying for him everyday, and that you all would have a wonderful time... sounds like the Lord is answering!!
Can't wait to see the pics, I know they will be fabulous.
Scott said he just loved Maine, and we have pics of some of the lil towns near the App. Trail.- they were just so quaint.
Glad you had some time to write and
let us know all is well.
Keep having a great time - I know Laura and the kids are ecstatic to have you there.
Sounds like their new place in Rhode Island is just wonderful, I am so happy for them. I am sure they must just love it. Would love to see some pics of that area too.
Have fun fun fun!!
Love ya Hon, Nellie

sistersusiesays said...

It will be the perfect time to tour New England! The weather should be really nice! I know what you mean about panoramic view! My pictures I took when I was in Israel were nothing like seeing the sights in person. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pictures!
Enjoy and be safe!
Susie

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I'm so glad you're having fun - it sounds like heaven! Keep the posts coming. - miss you...

Sara said...

I am glad you are loving New England! Enjoy the rest of your trip and can't wait to hear more! Tell Laura, Robert and the boys hi for me!

Julie Harward said...

It sounds like you two are having a wonderful time! How blessed to have the time to be together like that! We are headed for Nauvoo IL. on Sunday for a week, I am so excited! Come say hi :D

Neabear said...

Wow! How lucky for you to be in the New England area! I have a friend who lives in Londonderry, NH. She grew up in Castro Valley. And I have another friend who lives in Rhode Island. And I just read another blogger's post about the White Mountains and then I come here. I hope you are having a wonderful trip.

Did you upload the picture as large? You can change it too smaller if you edit your post. Then we might be able to see the whole thing. Maybe.

Safe travels!

~Linnea

Marie Rayner said...

Bonnie, I have seen that "Y" a few years ago when I was visiting friebds in Utah! Oh how I love New England (and in particular Vermont) in the autumn. Nary a prettier place on earth!! I hope that you and Jim continue to have a safe and enjoyable time with your family!!xxoo

Deanna said...

My dearest Bon,
How thrilled I am to see that you are having a wonderful time. It's so wonderful to hear that your daughter Laura and her family are finally here in the US.

I can't believe that Miss Hazie is in school! I still think of her as a tiny baby. I hope you took lots of photos at the camp out. It sounded like so much fun.

Just wanted to drop by and visit before my time is up on the computer. I'm only allowed thirty minutes every other day and I'm staying here a little longer...I always marvel at the way you can transport me to the places you are visiting. I saw myself driving along a winding road looking at the fall foliage. I just ran to my front door to see if the leaves on my oak tree have started to change colors. Tinges of red and yellow....I am hopeful!

Love you with all of my heart,
Deanna

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Sweet Bon!

What an exciting trip! I'm so happy to hear you're having such a good time.

I had to pop over and see how your trip was going...

Things are busy here..... as usual.

Your family is adorable...

Sending huge hugs...enjoy the rest of your adventure.

xoxoxo
Spence