Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~September 9, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Outside my window...I see the sun is beginning to peak up over the mountain and there is a slightly pinkish cast to the sky. I don't think it is a "sailor take warning" kind of a morning as we rarely get summer rain but it is very pretty.

I am thinking...it is going to be a busy day with a new door installation, painting bid, nail salon, groceries needed, and planning a de-staging for tomorrow night and then a new house consult on Friday.

From the learning room...although it is great to have long term goals...reaching them is a one day at a time kind of deal. Patience is a virtue. Rome wasn't built in a day!

From the kitchen...Nothing too exciting but at least it is planned for the rest of the week. I just need some fresh produce to complete the meals so shopping today...

I am wondering...how to worry less and have more faith that what will be, will be. I can do my part, hope for it, work for it, plan for it, and pray for it but ultimately the Lord has a plan and His will, will be done!

I am wearing..new pj's. I have been looking for awhile and finally found some cool ones!

I am reading...a couple of books but am having a hard time getting "into" them.

I am creating... a bit of Autumn decor around the house. Planning a family reunion party for Jim's side of the family on November 1st so want my decorations to be fun and festive.

I am praying for...so many people right now. So many are deathly ill and suffering from the affects of old age. The 80s seems to be a tough decade for most.

I am hearing....Max Raabe...I am stuck on his music right now. He is the first new (to me) singer I have liked in a while.

I am going...to get on the ball here any minute.

I am quoting..."Only floss the ones you want to keep," The Movie Ghost Town

My spiritual thoughts include..A Christ centered life is the life for me.

Around the house...things are pretty orderly but I do need to keep at it all the time to make it happen. It is all about maintenance.

Today I miss...My pre-varicose vein legs!

I am hoping...to build up my muscles for all the stair climbing and hiking in Italy!

I have been procrastinating...recording September expenditures and some trip related phone calls to our travel agent.

One of my favorite things...the mini-series I have been watching lately. Christy is new to me and very enjoyable. I bought it at Sam's for $13.88. 8 disc sides with 3 episodes on each. Quite the bargain. I may be the last person on the planet to be seeing it, but in case you haven't seen it, it is set the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee in the early 1900s. It is somewhat like Anne of Green Gables or The Waltons...just some clean, feel good, family type entertainment.

A few plans for the rest of the week...mani-pedi-hair (dead cell week!), decorate for fall, catch up on paper work, catch up on blog posts, finish cleaning out my clothes closets.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...Here is our little fashioista, Miss Chloe modeling what has to be her favorite shirt.

When Chloe gets to choose her clothes
this shirt is often a part of the equation!

(Never mind that it may be Easter or 4th of July)
Don't you love the shirt with the patterned shorts and boots?
Never mind that it is 100 degrees out ,
she's gotta have the fur lining!

She has a style all of her own, this little cutie!

I think I have seen it now for three Halloweens and she is only 4! Don't you just love it when you have something that you adore and it lasts for several seasons? It doesn't happen to me often but when it does, I kind of get why some people can't part with anything. The old tried and true is always the most comfy thing in the closet.

I have this classic butter yellow suit that I have had for 12 years. I ♥ it but have worn it so often that I feel embarrassed by how long I have had it. So now it just hangs in my closet so I can look at it even though I don't wear it anymore. The reason...it is too big on me! Woohoo!

1 comments:

LA Adams said...

I've decided fashion and designing comes with birth - when you've got it you've got it! The rest of us just imitate the pros. I have a sister who used to decorate our room and then the apartment we shared.
I love the worry less and have more faith part! Italy sounds spectacular - have a ton of fun!!!