Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~July 20, 2010


To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly out by the lake but the shade of the early morning from the mountain still covers the house. They have such a beautiful view of the town below, the lake and the mountains on the other side of the valley. What a blessing to have something so pretty to look at each morning.

I am thinking...about my friend Stacey whose mother died quite suddenly and unexpectedly after church on Sunday. Anyone who has lost their mother knows how hard that is. Bless you, Stacey, I hope we are home in time for the funeral. And a big hug to your twin beauties that have lost their grandma!

I am thankful for..the knowledge and the gift we have that families are eternal and that death is but a temporary separation.

From the learning room...
there is a time and a season for everything in life!

I am reading...Book 4 in the Zion Covenant Series by Bodie Theone. Jerusalem Interlude. And the Thornbirds and The Book Thief.

From the kitchen...no idea what is up next... I just pitch in when dinner time rolls around, either making salad or tending Hazie. Jen is a fabulous cook and so is Missy so we have been dining very well the last week or so. Last night Lowell's boss and his family came to dinner. They live in Scotland. Very nice family and heading to our area next. We plan on giving them the cook's tour of SF next week. We love doing that especially on someone's first visit.

While they were here we went to dinner with Chris and his family at the Cracker Barrel~that was fun!

I am wondering...how Laura, Robert and the boys are enjoying their first few days on the East Coast. They are in Virginia visiting friends and making their way slowly to their new home in Rhode Island. They will be touring some historic sights and then waiting for their household goods to arrive. Moving in August 1st. They were so excited to go to Walmart the other day. Pretty funny but it has been 3 years since buying what they needed was actually inexpensive and convenient.

I am hearing...Jen buzzing around in the kitchen, Hazie talking, kids outside helping with the Grampa Ramp!

Today if I could change one thing...Nuttin' things seem right with the world today.

I am quoting..."Be still and know that I am God." The Bible

My spiritual thoughts include...the knowledge that you have to set aside quiet time each day to pray and nurture your spirit with the scriptures. A lot of noise and busyness do not enter into this equation in a positive way.

Around the house...Right now there are 11 kids here. Enough said...

I am missing...My friends in the blog world...each and everyone of you!

I am hoping...the coolest summer in 40 years in the Bay Area is here to stay. Getting older and heat do not mix well I am learning.

One of my guilty pleasures...chocolate but it is going on my "Do Not Touch" list the minute we get home! (This coming Monday night!)

One of my favorite things...talking with Hazel and listening to her care for and nurture her favorite baby! It is beyond precious!

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...The Scarlet Pimpernel

I am curious about...
how our grandson, Connor, can be so proficient on the piano in less than 2 years. It is perplexing and wonderful.

A few plans for the rest of the week...kids' concert tonight, all day outing with Jen tomorrow. We need some uninterrupted, one on one, time together and we sure aren't gonna get it until we can go someplace alone. Friday night adult dinner out with the kids and our niece, Erin, Pioneer Day celebration stuff on Saturday and church on Sunday. Drive home on Monday. Tuesday....NOTHING!

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you...


This may be one of the coolest photos I have ever seen. Julia, Piper and Hazie taking a walk in the country! I think this photo looks like a painting when you double click on it to enlarge it!

2 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

Hi Bonnie!
OUTSIDE...the sunshines on my grass getting tall in the back "40!"
THINKING...prayers for Stacey in the her sudden loss. Sudden loss is so much harder than when you see parents sick and wither over time. You are happy to let them go to our LORD and await our reunion.
THANKFUL...that life is but a wisp of air compared to Eternity and the Glory that awaits us!
LEARNING...forever and always to keep my life going for our LORD!
READING...Duet., Matthew, and Stanley's 140 days of Prayer for America's People.
KITCHEN...Extra time I need preparing one more tray of food for my new "baby," Xena, (see my blog.)
WONDERING...What's instore for this next school year (?)
HEARING...my fan blowing, my computer "whirling," dogs snoozing!
CHANGE...to become more like Christ each day.
QUOTING..."Let today be the day that Your Will be fulfilled; so the Rapture may come and take us all Home!" S. Todd
SPIRITUAL THOUGHT...let my life be a reflection of Christ's.
AROUND HOUSE...1 cat, 3 birds, 4 dogs, no more, ha!
MISSING...You too! Thanks for keeping up with us!
HOPING...the heat will subside. Record tempts, but the rain is coming. Praise the LORD!
GUILTY PLEASURES...coffee today. I'm not suppose to have it, but I do every now and then!
FAVORITE THING...right now is my Xena!
MOVIE...can't get enough of Forrest Gump!
CURIOUS...about why bad things happen, but they do "work for the good to those that love the LORD."
WEEKLY PLANS...Xenx, Xena, Xena...

Caroline Craven said...

That picture does look like a painting when you double click it. Such a free/loving feel. I'm glad you are enjoying your time in Utah. I was sad to hear about Stacey's mom. Our prayers are with her.