Monday, July 25, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook~July 25, 2011

For Today...

Monday, July 18, 2011

As my friend Marie's says about writing a daybook post or reading one," It is like sitting down together for a chat over tea."

Outside my window...it is 9:30 am and the sun is shining but the clouds look like some rain later today. Over by the lake it is pretty black. I love the view of the lake and the city out Jen and Lowell's office windows.

I am thankful for...every blessing each of us receives daily from a Father in Heaven that loves us. He is so willing to answer our prayers and bless us continually with every good thing.

From the learning room...our physical bodies have an amazing ability for recovery and change. It is pretty astonishing really. It is never too late to make changes in our lives that add to our health and well-being.

I am reading...not even blogs right now. I have to get to that very soon. I love those of you who continue to be loyal friends and readers while I try to sort out all my stuff. You have been very patient with me and I so appreciate your comments when I am not presently reciprocating as I would like to do. You are the best...I am coming I promise and I will get all caught up! I don't like to miss anything you have written.

From the kitchen...Not much from me...my sweet daughter and Melissa are doing the cooking. Can't complain about that in the least.

I am wondering...What Jim is doing for fun. Actually I know he is just working because I am getting lots of texts and e-mails. He had jury duty tomorrow. He will not love sitting in the courtroom all day as they interview every single perspective juror. He is not a person to sit patiently waiting.

I am hearing...Piper and Hazie giggling and playing with their dog, Molly. The dog is bigger than Hazie and she is still not too sure about the whole thing. She loves Molly until she barks which always scares Hazie. I think it is because she doesn't bark unless someone comes to the door so it always startles her.

I am wearing...a white, sparkly shirt with a white over shirt, jeans, and sandals.
A white pearl bracelet and a big ring and my watch.

Today if I could change one thing...it would be that the curvature of Hazie's spine was getting better instead of worse. She will be having a big surgery within the year.

I am quoting...This is the Savior Speaking..."Look unto me in every thought, doubt not fear not." Doctrine and Covenants 6:36.

I am going...to do some shopping with Jennifer today and she is getting her new iPhone since her old one died. The iPhone may be the coolest invention in years. For as opposed as I was to getting one now I would not want to be without it. I just discovered the Netflix streaming app and that makes me so happy as I can watch a movie late at night while traveling without disturbing Julia who has been sleeping with me in Piper's room. It helps my insomnia when it comes around and for that I am grateful.

I am missing...just people, nothing else. I have everything I could ever want in my life. Contentment is very peaceful.

One of my guilty pleasures...shopping with the girls, it is one of my favorite parenting moments with the girls in the family. We just laugh and giggle and have the best time together.

Pet Peeves...losing that fresh, clean feeling about two minutes after your shower on hot muggy days. Ugh!

One of my favorite things...ice cold watermelon in the summer.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Cranford Returns, the sequel. Judi Dench, I love that woman! I don't care what the movie is, they are always good if she is in them.

I am curious about...how mothers of little kids keep their sanity in the summer time when school is out. There is a constant din, noise or chatter going on and every other word is "Mom!"

Young mothers are my heroines for sure! Jen needs a trip to a day spa! Her energy is never ending. Moms do what they do because they have to and want to and most of them do it so well. I take my hat off to them whenever I am around them and wonder how did I do this 24 x 7, year after year. God's grace, youth and a lot of love for them gets us through. What a remarkable experience!


A few plans for the rest of the week...Classes and hanging out with the kids. Flying home Saturday evening.

Here is a photo and some thoughts I am sharing with you...


We all have a tendency to call Hazel our baby just because she is the youngest and she is still so little. She weighs only 24 pounds but she will be 4 on September 24th. So here she is with some real babies whom she adores. They are identical twins and their names are Charlotte and June. She adores these babies and all others but it is not uncommon to hear her say rather defiantly, "I am not a baby!" We are all trying hard not to slip up. I finally explained to her that she will always be "My Baby" even when she is grown up like her mom. I told her even her mom is My Baby! So far she is letting me squeak by with it but no body else better give it a go! A grandparent's love may be the sweetest form of love there is. I am voting for it anyway!









3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Little Hazel is an adorable little girls. As always I keep her in my prayers! It sounds like you are absolutely enjoying your time with the family. That would be a real treat for me. My oldest son is supposed to bring his family over here next year which will be a real treat. It will make a change for sure as it is usually the other way around! I can't wait to show them all the things that I love about here. Hope you continue to enjoy your stay with yours. xxoo

Janet said...

I love reading your BLOG. It really helps me stay inspired.

I love the picture, how adorable they all are and I love the name Hazel. I am glad some of the old names are coming back.

Blessings!
Janet Cowan

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...6:13 p.m. the heat has brought up the clouds. It looks like the west and east seabreezes are about to collide!
THANKFUL...for all of the blessings the LORD has given me in my life!
LEARNING ROOM...Dr. Oz taught to eat from 5 colors of the fruits/vegetables each day (red, yellow, green, orange, purple/blue.) As well as eating 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes each day.
READING...my investment retirement fund...praying it keeps doing as good as it is!
KITCHEN...stirfry from the veggies above as well as cereal with fruits from above!
WONDERING...about the coming changes! I'm so glad GOD is never changing. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!
HEARING...the rainfall forecast.
WEARING...gray pants with my floral on gray background blouse.
CHANGE...May our GOD touch Hazie and heal her spine!
QUOTING..."Ask believing, ye shall receive."
GOING...to do my weekly job that usually the man of the house does, take out the garbage.
MISSING...meeting with my friend, Sylvia. She has been out of town with Brad as his mom is on a ventilator.
PLEASURE...pumpkin pie!
PET PEEVE...no matter how cool the a/c or warm the heater is, I have to have a fan moving the air around!
FAVORITE...watermelon, yes! yes! yes!
MOVIE...I want to get Shirley Temple's musicals advertized on t.v.
CURIOUS...I think the younger we are the more tolerable we are with the "noise." I've noticed the older I get, the more I like "quiet" noise.
PLANS...Dr. appt., Insurance meetings, retirement roll over, etc!
Love to you and yours,
Susan