Saturday, September 17, 2011

Beauty All Around

I loved taking this picture!

Last year at about this time we were heading to New England and this paradise! I cannot tell you in mere words or even pictures how beautiful New Hampshire was on this gorgeous, full peak, foliage day. This is beauty you feel almost tactically as it encircles you.

I met a lady from New Hampshire at Education Week last month that said sometimes it is so beautiful you have to pull over to the side of the road and just weep for the joy you feel. If I hadn't seen it last year in 3D, 360 degree splendor for myself, I might have thought her to be just a little daft.

But I promise you it is true, every word. If there is a heaven on earth it is in New England in the autumn. Don't miss it if there is any ray of hope for you to get there. GO!! There are so many beautiful photo ops there and you don't even need a tripod. You are perfectly still, mesmerized and in fact, holding your breath, when you see something like this. It made me remember I still have about a week's worth of posts to do from that trip. Hate it when I do that! But I do want to catch up on them and what better time than the fall?

I love the Lord for the gift of sight, what a blessing to enjoy and rely on it and be blessed with it every single day!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I love the new picture! The colors of fall make me happy. Thanks for sharing it!!

Marie Rayner said...

The leaves have been changing colours over here for a few weeks now, pretty but not as pretty as back home. We just don't have all the maples. I am still smiling at the thought of you and Jim coming over here. :-) xxoo

Caroline Craven said...

Just stopped by to say hi. I was scrolling through your posts and love your New England fall photo. I can't wait to go see it. We are going apple picking with N&M then we are going to make a delicious apple pie. Can't wait. I loved the pictures of Hazie getting on the bus. The photo of her looking so intently at the guy who was helping load her little chair is a pictures worth a thousand words. I looked at it for a long time. I wondered what they were both thinking. It was hard for me to send all of my kids to school for the first time. Just a trauma! You also inspired me to get going on my fall decos. But first I have to take down the Valentine's Day stuff!!! Ugh, can you believe it. I'm painting my white front door green, so maybe that too will inspire me. It seems like I need a lot of inspiration lately! Much love to you. Again, it was so good to see you and Barbara and everyone else - so much fun!