Friday, September 16, 2011

Lucky Me!

Guess what happened to me? I visited a good friend's blog and made a comment. She entered me into her special drawing to celebrate that she now has 100 followers on her blog. And I was the lucky winner! A big box arrived on Wednesday evening with these goodies inside...

Nellie made this beautiful card for me!

Maybe you should become a follower of Nellie as well! She is a sweetheart and has a fun, uplifting blog that she writes from Florida. You can find Nellie's Cozy Place here!

I have this little book in our bedroom.

Nellie and I share a lot of faith promoting experiences with each other and she sent me this beautiful little daily devotional book about the Savior. I have resisted the temptation to just read through it and have just been reading the daily message for the last three days since it arrived. It is just a wonderful little moment each day to reflect on the Gospel and I love it!

Doesn't it look pretty with our nubby, pumpkin throw at the end of our bed?

She sent me this really nice plate and the
colors are just made for our kitchen!
Love the blessing too!

Nellie also loves decorating and she sent me quite a few things for the house. She did a great job of picking things out that have inspired me to want to get my autumn collection out and up! She synced the arrival of my package beautifully with the blustery, cooler weather.

I took this shot to show you how nicely it
goes with the scroll work on the table.

She also gave me the little ceramic pumpkin
that I put on the copper candle holder on the
hearth next to the clock.
I love copper and pumpkins~so pretty!

And this plump little bird came that I put in my
antique cabinet here in the kitchen.
Even he has my colors on his wings!
He looks so cozy behind the glass door at night
with the light from the candle to illuminate his cuteness.

She also sent me the three plaques on the side of the cabinet! Seriously could they be any better with our counter and bricks and floor and paint and theme? Three little pots that say Savory, Thyme and Basil! Nellie, you rock!

On top of all of that, she made these
great cards for me on her computer.

It looks like Autumn over here but it feels like Christmas!

The very best part is that all these things
will remind me of my wonderful friend!

And one of my rules is I never put anything
I don't love in our kitchen so,

Nellie, you are battin' a thousand, Girlfriend.
Thank you so much!!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
what a sweet post, thank you hon!
Loved seeing where you put everything, and so happy it all fit in with your decor, everything looks smashing to me. Just don't smash the pumpkin!! lol

Makes me happy that you are enjoying it so much............
Love you too hon,
Nellie

sistersusiesays said...

Just think, Bonnie, I get to see these beautiful things all the time in Nellie's house!! It's like going into the seasons with a warm, comfortable, and enjoyable atmosphere all year long!

Congratulations!!!!!

Love to you all,
Susan

LA Adams said...

This is great! The intangible wonderful feeling of a good friend.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin