Wednesday, October 5, 2011

22 Things That Bring Me Joy In The Fall

  1. The color: PUMPKIN
  2. Excited grandchildren that love picking out their own pumpkins.
  3. Carmelized Apple Cider From Starbuck's.
  4. Local Fall-Fest activities
  5. Dried, salted pumpkin seeds
  6. Nesting
  7. Bringing out the cozy blankets and throws
  8. Watching movies near the fireplace with Jim
  9. The anticipation of the entire Holiday Season
  10. Crockpot cooking
  11. Candles and candy corn
  12. The crackle of leaves beneath my feet
  13. The smell of fireplaces burning in cozy homes
  14. Goards and other seasonal decorative items
  15. Carving Jack-O-Lanterns with the kids
  16. Not having to dream up costumes anymore!
  17. Pumpkin bread
  18. Corn stalks and hay bales
  19. Scarecrows
  20. Red, gold and yellow leaves on and off the trees.

I also love all the fun photos of the kids playing and having fun this time of the year. Isn't it sad that we don't do this kind of stuff when we grow up? Maybe we all should in a few weeks when the leaves are deep on the ground and it is cool and crispy out. Thanks for the idea, Zachary!



And lastly, the Beautiful Autumn Wreath that my good friend, Sydne, made for me last year. I love this wreath! I love all the feelings of the approaching holidays it stirs up within. It is my favorite time of the year.

What do you love about it?

4 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I am loving all the same things...good thing we feel so cozy as it gets so cold! I love the #16..me too! ;D

LA Adams said...

Joy - what a wonderful thing!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Girly,
Made my heart sing to hear from you
today, have really missed you, but I too, have been a busy girl. Yes, you are right Dee and Jerry are going to St. Lucia to be married, all by there lonesome, and they are very excited,
and I hope it will be as wonderful as they expect. They get married on the
14th and we will have the reception here on the 29th. We are so ecstatic that they are doing so well. God had such a special plan in everything that happened cause we have really watched them blossom spiritually, and we feel better about the union now that we did before! They have the tools they need now..........Praise the Lord!

So happy about your brother, that is just so wonderful. That is neat that the Dr. used the word cured instead of remission. Nice that your brother is now feeling good enough to come to dinner, what a blessing! I am sure they are looking at life in a whole new way.

Just got off the phone with Becky and hoping we can visit for just a lil tomorrow, haven't seen her for weeks. So that would be so nice.
Wish you lived here I would have you come to the reception.

Sorry to hear your Jim broke his rib........how on earth did he do that!! These boys..........don't
know what we are gonna do with them. lol

I really love Fall too........it just makes my heart sing, and you are so right about the anticipation of all the holidays we love the most, sans Halloween, I only like the cute parts of it!! lol
Plus we have 2 birthdays, Scott and Megan, then our Anniversary. So we
do lots of family get togethers.
then next year we will have Dee and Jerry's anniversary to add to the list.
I love pumpkin pie and pumpkin butter, and all the cool weather we have had lately, and so many of the things you said about Fall too.
I love all my Fall decorations they
just make the house fun and inviting.

Well, Sweetie, it was a delight hearing from you, it really was,
let's try and talk more often.
I have tried to instant message you I don't know how many times, but it never seems to work!! lol

Blessings Galore, and will be praying for Jim to heal up quickly.
Love ya, Nellie

sistersusiesays said...

The fall brings cooler days to Florida as well as the end of hurricane season (though not until Nov.) We have some trees that lose their leaves, but our oaks don't do so until Spring!!
Love to you all,
Susan