Thursday, October 27, 2011

Endless Pumpkin Possibilities

Beautiful Sunflowers are a treat aren't they?
But it is about the pumpkins at this time of year!

This photo just made me feel so happy
~Pumpkins can be Beautiful!~

The truth is I'd rather decorate with pumpkins than eat them. Some pumpkin recipes I do enjoy but I adore they way they look, almost always. Give me some pumpkins and gourdes and I am happy when Autumn rolls around. I am enchanted with most colors but these, these are my favorites and have been for way too long. New England probably sealed my fate on that forever.


Even though this is exactly like our silver van,
I promise this is not ours!
When I saw this I really had a good laugh.
Who needs this many pumpkins from the pumpkin farm?

Oh, I want this in our front yard!


Pumpkins are so much fun and versatile.
Here are a few of the things I think are great about them...


Topping my list is decorating with them as I mentioned!

Look what Cindy did and check
out her others by clicking
here.
flickr
I like this one too. I think one year
I will bedazzle some fake

pumpkins by painting them black
and embellishing with jewels!


This one is my favorite~Be Still my beating

My favorite pumpkin in my collection
so far,
this year it is in our kitchen.
This is my year around art work
above my desk in my office.
Love....Love it.
Dining Room Centerpiece



Halloween Night Dinner

One pumpkin hallowed out and cleaned, remove seeds, string etc.
One cup instant rice plus needed water
1 lb hamburger, garlic, bell pepper, onions, salt and pepper to taste
(this is kind of a do your own thing mixture depending on what your kids like.)
1 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup plus a little H2O
Add veggies if desired

Poke hole in lid of pumpkin. Grease outside of pumpkin and place in a roasting pan. Cover stem with foil. Fill pumpkin and bake at 350 degrees for 1-2 hours until pumpkin scoops out easily like potatoes. Good for the little goblins before they go out Trick or Treating on a cold dark night.

Gramma Jo's Pumpkin Bread Recipe
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 2/3 cups flour
1/4 Teasoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin non-spiced OK
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in wet ingredients and blend well. Pour batter into greased and floured pans. Either 2- 7 inch pans or 3 or 4 mini loaf pans or muffin tins. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Adjust baking time according to size of pans.) Cool 5 minutes in pans and then remove to a cooling rack. Recipe can be doubled or tripled and freezes nicely wrapped in foil.

Follow your favorite recipe ( I go to Costco!)

And my all time personal favorite
~get away coach with a handsome prince!


flickr*

7 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Bonnie, I am playing catch up here this morning. I don't know how I missed all of these lovely posts! Thanks for the nod by the way! Very gracious of you! I do my best. I have enjoyed all the pictures and the beautiful colours and of course, your lovely words. As always, xxoo

sistersusiesays said...

WOW! Where do you get these recipes? Are they your own? I can hardly wait to try your "Pumpkin in the Oven" recipe! Oh, by the way (I don't mean to sound like Bubba from "Forest Gump") there is another activity with pumpkins. I love to watch the machines they create for the tosses of pumpkins into fields! Some of those contraptions are really funny, but they surely can sling them a great distance!

Neliie is holding our beloved's reception dinner this Saturday!

Love to you and all of your loving family and friends!
Susan

margaret said...

I miss pumpkin patches! I even miss the squash in King Sooper! And the pumpkins we get here are inedible half the time only sold for making jack o'lanterns.

LA Adams said...

Ahh, sunflowers are my favorite! I'm sure I'm not going to look at pumpkins the same ever again! This is really great.

sistersusiesays said...

See my blog for your "Pumpkin in the Oven" recipe. WOW!
Susan

sistersusiesays said...

I found how to put the new picture on my blog header, but I forgot how to put the wording across the top of the picture! I can't find your "teaching" blog. Could you give me your blog address again for this?

I surely will give hugs and your message to our Sweet Nellie!
Love to you and yours,
Susan

laura.elizabeth said...

I didn't know grandma had a pumpkin bread recipe. I have already been through two this season and have not been satisfied with the results. I will try her recipe next. I am sure it will be my last!