Monday, October 17, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook~October 17, 2011

Time for a new picture here. This is a tiny part of my desk where I write daily. The Bon Bon sign is from a clothing store in Rome that carries this brand. Had never heard of it but had to purchase a shoulder bag here and this tag was attached. Laura was twisting my arm beyond my resistance. Thanks, Baby!

Just For Today...Monday, October 17, 2011

As my friend Marie's says about writing a daybook
post or reading one,"
It is like sitting down together for a chat over
tea."


Outside my window... It is a simply gorgeous fall morning. The sun is bright, the sky is blue, the clouds are all but gone and the breeze is nudging the drying leaves off the stems of the branches above me. They are falling to earth like feathers from heaven. I adore Autumn. It puts me in a good mood the minute I wake up each day! Do you love it like I do?

I am thankful for...my desire to have a happy life, for the things I have learned about life and living it from the Gospel of Jesus Christ that allow me that great blessing in spite of trials and hardships and the dark cloud that hangs over humanity in these unsure days. I can still feel great joy and there are many I fear that cannot. This is a cherished gift and I acknowledge where it comes from and wish everyone would choose to have it too.

From the learning room...so many things that are making my quest to learn genealogy so much easier now. I am able to work easily now between my Mac and PC and this was a big obstacle earlier. I adore the people that have helped me to do this and have cut years off my learning curve. Mostly Stephen, but also Marge and Ken and Jeremy, and Lowell for helping me so much with the technology stuff.

I Am Reading...
"Rutka's Notebook" (The Polish Anne Frank.) And The Secret Code of Success by Noah St. John. One page at a time I might add. I just cannot seem to sit still with a book right now. Did not turn a page this week but the light is dawning on my Family History project so I have high hopes to get back soon.

From the kitchen...Well our full size freezer died sometime last week and half cooked everything in it. We lost a lot of weight by food that was not consumed, but not the kind that makes you look better in your clothes! The only thing shrinking over here is the wallet. The freezer is not in the house so we didn't notice it for several days. So fortunately I have things already in the house and food should not be given a second thought this week. I made Enchiladas Verde so that will be dinner a few nights and will fill in with salads and light things the rest of the week.

I am wondering...how it can be October 17th already? Are you kidding me?? I bought my first Christmas present last week.

I am missing...my lazy crazy days. Have really been working very hard now for about four months.

I am hearing...Ava Maria but Josh Groban. An angel's voice to be sure!

I am wearing...jeans and a sage green and white shirt. It is kind of more of a summery top, we have had some warm days lately. Today is just perfect, guessing 72 degrees maybe. No shoes, jewels or make-up yet and still have wet hair. But soon that will be taken care of!

I am quoting..."Our Children are our Rainbows in this Life; Our Grandchildren, our Pots of Gold!"


I am going...To go and pick up a big water barrel for Jim for our Emergency Preparedness Day at Church on Saturday. He is in charge of the water storage and purification booth. Then the bank then the store for about three things. The rest of this day I am as free as a bird. Woohoo. I'll be scanning lots of old photos and documents. I love doing that and getting them all put where they belong. I do hope this gets me extra points with our children someday!

Somethings that made me especially happy this week...We went to CAL Berkeley to the Doe Library and searched old newspapers. Wow! What a fun activity. Talk about bring you back, way back to the way things were. We found some of what we were looking for plus a whole lot more and a great way to spent time on a free date! Priceless. Sweet mail and comments always make me happy too. Another thing, Jim did all the yucky frozen food throw away by himself. When I went out to help him he said I don't want you to have to touch this stuff! Sweet! I did not beg him to change his mind!

One of my guilty pleasures...jewelry, yep, I know this comes as a big surprise to you. My friend's daughter-in-law is now selling Premier Jewels and so I had the perfect excuse to get a few things. Got a bracelet I LOVE! Such fun!

Pet Peeves...
when my Blogger goes wacko and prints the fonts in different sizes like you see once in awhile. I do not know how to fix this and it drives me nuts. I have finally determined it has something to do with taking something written on a PC format and trying to move it to a Mac format. I tried that with a quote last week and since then this template is giving me trouble. Ugh! Sorry!

One of my favorite things...discovering that I only need 10 minute or less for make-up and hair. A fab haircut, a shampoo once a day, a blow dryer, a spike brush, some wax and Sebastian hairspray and my fingers for lifting and texurizing and my hair is done in 4 minutes. Woohoo! This is major for me, I do not like spending time on this stuff. 10 minutes in front of the mirror and I don't see myself again until the next day! Love this freedom! No more curling, no more fretting, just relaxed living! Just think if I had permanent make up only 4 minutes a day! Well I will be passing on that I guess, 10 minutes is reaso
nable.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Il Postino. I watched it again with Jim on Saturday night, it has moved into my top five movies ever!!!

If I could change one thing it would be....the sadness a family we know is feeling over the death of their mother last week. She was not old enough to die and will be missed by all her family and friends. She handled a very difficult 1
8 months or so very gracefully.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Work tomorrow, and WW meeting, Wednesday Genealogy and blogs and some cleaning around this house, Visiting Teaching, Thursday open so far except for a 7:50 am hair appointment, Friday Meeting with friends and then Room with a Past with Maureen, helping Jim get ready for his Booth on Saturday for the the Emergency Preparedness Fair and date night.

Here is a photo and a thought I am sharing with you...
Boo!
Take some time to have some fun with your friends this week. There are few things more refreshing or helpful in keeping emotionally fit and happy than time spent with someone who lights up your life and makes you laugh and relax. I feel I am abundantly blessed with friends that do just that for me all the time. Thanks, Maureen, for all our fun times together over many years as good friends.

A Video that I found most inspiring this week was...An Interview with a dying child that may give you pause to stop and ponder. This is so astonishing really. What a beautiful boy!

http://www.godvine.com/The-Inspirational-Story-of-Garvan-Byrne-a-Must-See-731.html


And there you have it, another daybook entry about life in our times.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sister Susie said...

OUTSIDE...we have a gorgeous day here in Florida too! My patio glistens with water (after I hosed it down! That's so much more effective than sweeping!)
THANKFUL..I just had a burst of joy on my blog today!
LEARNING...to love the joy all around me no matter what!!
READING...Still in Psalms. I guess studying deeply one a day it will take me 150 days to get through the revelation they bring!
Kitchen...last night it was beef and cabbage, (the sour kind!) ha!
Alice and I plan on going out later today to eat. I picked her up at the airport at 11:20 last night. (An hour drive there and back!)
WONDERING...why the time has gone faster with me at home doing little than it did when I was busy teaching in class! Go figure?
MISSING...sleep at night? Just catch up on it during the day, lol!
HEARING...fans! My floor fan, my computer's fan..even my truck's air conditioner fan motor has been bugging me lately. I probably need to have it checked.
WEARING...shorts and one of my school's logo shirt. Jimney crickets, don't forget the "r." I'm glad I caught it. My finger didn't push the key down to register! I need to clip my fingernails again!
QUOTING...Dr. Adrian Rodgers, "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving...You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
GOING...to try to be as organized as you are...one of these days!
HAPPY...my niece's wedding to Jerry, a really neat fellow for a fantastic lady!
PLEASURE...malted milk balls.
Pet Peeve...I agree! Today is a joyous day!
FAVORITE...my "old man" dog, Sam. I thought I was going to lose him last week, but he's doing so well after his visit with his vet. He's even back to bugging me for bites of my food! I'll not shun him away ever again!
MOVIE...Clint Eastwood's, "Sudden Impact." There wasn't much else to watch. You'd think with all of the cable stations, there would be a big variety, but I had already seen most! Do you think I'm watching too much t.v.??
CHANGE...That dogs could live longer than they do. Like my parrot, he can live to 85 years!
WEEK PLANS...Garbage day, Wednesday's Ladies Bible study, visit with my Financial advisor (setting up next year's budget),
Nellie's hosted reception for Jerry and DeeAnna, Sound booth.

Your picture reminds of one I have with a simular mask!

Love to you and yours,
Susan