Monday, March 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook~March 16, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.



So, For Today...Monday, March 16, 2009

Outside my window... the dawn is just breaking and it looks pretty cloudy and like we might be getting some rain.

I am thinking...that when you mark your weeks by something like this simple daybook, you really realize how fast time flies by!

From the learning rooms...I am learning that happiness is a choice that we make every single day. More than seeking it, we have to choose it!

I am thankful for...discretionary time to do the things I want and need to do, having a job that isn't a 9 to 5 daily, and a design job tomorrow.

From the kitchen... come great memories of having an old friend over for dinner last night and realizing we need to get back in the groove of doing this more often.

I am wearing...PJ bottoms and a white sweat shirt but not for long.

I am reading..Remember Me...at 10 pages a day before I fall asleep at night it is taking a bit longer than usual to finish it. Current magazine that came in the mail last week are being perused, along with some wonderful blogs.

I am hoping...for more energy and inspiration for the week ahead.

I am creating...the color scheme and design features of our new kitchen remodel.

I am listening to...You Make Me Feel Like Dancing~Leo Sayer~a moldy oldie!

I am going...to pick up a part for hubby's car at the Volvo Dealership.

My spiritual thoughts include...looking to Christ in every thought and not being doubtful or fearful.

Around the house...the work and organizing is never ending. I am cleaning out the closet in our bathroom today. I am trying to do a different area several times a week~and remembering days gone by when I use to be able to do lots of areas in one day!

One of my favorite things...iTunes and Playlists

A few plans for the rest of the week...Get my car into the Toyota dealership for servicing, attend a networking meeting with some fellow real estate stagers, redesign a home tomorrow, stop by a favorite home shop in Pleasanton to see what they have out for Easter, get the entry way painted and the windows installed in the laundry room and kitchen on Wednesday. Celebrate being a grandparent for ten years on Wednesday and get a haircut and color touch-up on Friday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Our grandsons, Spencer and Rossie,
exploring a vineyard in Italy.


The picture thought...
The path of life is so much more easily taken two by two, in the spirit of love and cooperation.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Love the picture of the grandsons. So cute.

Marie Rayner said...

Hi Bonnie! Thanks so much for visting my blog and leaving your lovely comment! It is always so nice to meet another member of the church! Great daybook entry. I love the picture of your two grandsons. How priceless!

Deanna said...

Hi Hon!
I love reading this. I feel as if you are talking to me from across a kitchen table. Oh, by the way, what is the color scheme you are going with in the kitchen? I don't think I could ever make up my mind. I know what I like to to actually have a chance to have it exactly like you want it...it can be daunting. I still love country and homespun but then I like the fifties kitchen too!

Love and hugs from San Antonio!
Deanna

Oh, I took a picture of a fruit tree in front of my bedroom window but I'm not sure what fruit it is. The apartment manager told me once that they are kumquats. I can't remember...I've eaten them and they are delicious! You inspired me to get a snap of the outdoors. I had fun!

Deanna said...

Oh! I have The Love Letter recorded on three video cassettes! I would lose one and then when the movie would come out I would record it again. It's such a sweet story! I love the ending when Scott goes to Lizzie's grave and on the headstone it reads, "I Never Forgot".......it's a tear jerker! Or when the lady gives Scott Lizzie's belongings and Scott opens up the letters and there's a picture of him and the lady says in a shocked tone, "How did you get in there?!?"... or when Lizzie is going up the stairs and so is Scott in his time and they stop and 'feel' one another.......now I want to watch it!!!
I'll have to ask Marshall to plug in my VCR...is that a relic nowadays or what?? LOL!

Neabear said...

I love the pictures of your grandsons. Seems to tell a story there.