Monday, March 23, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~March 23, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, March 23, 2009

Outside my window... it is very still after a very windy night and it is still dark and cold. It should be a beautiful Spring day once the sun comes up!

I am thinking...That going to dinner with friends tonight will be great if I manage my Weight Watcher points well all day.

From the learning rooms...I am realizing that planning, patience and vigilance are of utmost important in achieving any goal. Life is all about maintenance sometimes. Find what works, repeat.

I am thankful for...The Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and all the faith, hope and charity that it engenders in those who believe.

From the kitchen...I am relieved to say that since I did a lot of food prep over the weekend, I don't have to worry about it at all this week!

I am wearing...PJ bottoms and a white sweat shirt and I wish a pair of socks. It is cold this morning.

I am reading..The Now Habit by Neil Fiore.

I am hoping...our daughter, Laura, and her husband, Robert, had a wonderful time in Paris this weekend and that she has arrived back in Italy safely and that he has arrived at his current work assignment in a different country. I am also wondering if their boys enjoyed staying with their friends while their parents had a little R&R in the most romantic city in the world.

I am creating...some wishful thinking regarding where I am going to put all the home furnishings we picked up this weekend from a house that has been sold that we staged. Our warehouse is full but I will need to squeeze it in somehow for just a few weeks or until we decorate another house.

I am hearing...Helen Reddy singing, That Ain't No Way To Treat A Lady.

I am going...
to wish our son, Chris, a very Happy 34th Birthday this Friday! And try to understand how he got this old so quickly.

My spiritual thoughts include...total gratitude for all our blessings and prayers for family and friends in need of special help right now.

Around the house...some gardening and winter clean-up needs to be happening rather soon! We need to hire a blow and go guy also since we had to fire the last one for coming to work drunk at 9:00 am one morning. That was not OK!

One of my favorite things...new paint on the walls and no wallpaper!

A few plans for the rest of the week...things I never quite got to last week like getting the car in to be serviced and cleaning out the bathroom closet. Taking Jim down to see the granite I picked out for the kitchen, ordering more windows, a baby shower for twins of a very good friend's first grandchildren and a Friday night with my husband.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

I took this picture of the little farm house last weekend. When I see it it reminds me that even though the world seems crowded sometimes, we can seek our own places of serenity. They do exist and sometimes just visualizing them helps remove some of the chaos of everyday life. It can help us to step back and take a deep breath and say, "With God's help, I can do this!"

6 comments:

CA Poppy said...

A baby shower in the spring! Sure wish I was there.love,Michelle.

Bonnie said...

Me too, Michelle! Miss you sooooo much!

Neabear said...

I love that picture! I am still wondering where it was taken.

Marie Rayner said...

What a beautiful picture Bonnie! That looks so peaceful and serene. I have been thinking about joining weight watchers. I have tried and failed at most diets around. It's only the thought of failing at yet another one that stops me . . .

Connie said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Bon...you are such a wonderful, kind and loving friend!

Deanna said...

I wish I lived on that farm. Makes me want to take off my high heels and just run barefoot in the meadow.

Happy Birthday to Chris!

Deanna :D