Monday, December 6, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~December 6, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Monday, December 6, 2010

Outside my window...it is a bright and sunny afternoon. It actually looks like a lovely fall day in New England. All of our tress in the area are just ablaze right now. This year has been great, nearly four months of Autumn. I have found the secret to it. Just chase it around the country!

I am thinking...I am glad Jim is coming home tomorrow. I miss him!

I am thankful for...Advil, sure wish it worked better on my knees and other joints.

From the learning room..All those things old people use to say like, "I can tell it is going to rain, my ____hurts" were founded in fact! Who knew?? I am glad you are witnessing this journey with me so you'll never be able to say, "No one told me about this!"

I am reading...Mark Twain's autobiography that was just published. It is a huge book, I'll be on it awhile. Very interesting so far.

I am wondering...why there are no good movies out right now when I could just run down and watch one? Bummer.

I am hearing...Wintersong. Beautiful song.

Today if I could change one thing...That Robert, Laura, and Spencer and Ross could join the rest of the family for Christmas in Utah. (sigh) I have this longing to just have all my chicks under one roof. It has been too many years since that happened. 2006.

I am quoting (myself)...All the electronics on earth cannot take the place of one warm smile or huge hug!"

I am going...to get a pedi in the morning and then go get my Hubby at the airport! Woohoo!

I am missing...as much energy as I will be needing in the next couple of weeks.

One of my guilty pleasures...Sydne's fancy florals. Caroline's fragrant healthy soaps. Whole days hanging out with my good friend Barbara as we did on Saturday. We use to do it so often but since her husband died and her father died and her son came home to live after his mission and her mom moved in and she got a promotion that kee
ps her at work 10 hour per day...we hardly ever get to anymore. But I have learned that being a true friend means giving friends the space they need, when they need it, and not being a burden on their time when they are already exhausted. But when we do get together...it is like no time has passed at all. I love that about all my good friendships!

Pet Peeves..running out of wrapping supplies when you are not quite done. Storing Christmas wrapping supplies~seriously who had room for that kind of stuff. More specifically wrapping in general! I'm a bag lady!

One of my favorite things...curling up on the couch
with a blanket and a book for a little rest and nap at 3:30 pm when I am completely done in. A little while later...voila, a second wind that keeps me going until midnight on a good day.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...White Christmas~Hokey but nice!

I am curious about...why a tiny squirrel, many feet below the sensor, can set off our driveway bell but sometimes a person does not?

A few plans for the rest of the week...making a new list of things I still need to do for Christmas, pedi, airport, Christmas card that I have not even started, having guests for dinner on Wednesday night, wrapping a few things yet, Church Christmas dinner on Saturday, roll on Visiting Teaching, OK nap first...cannot even go there with the rest of it right now.

Here are some random photos I am sharing with you....here's is what they have in common...all about beauty that caught my eye this week.

You know you have been married a long time when you see this and send it to your hubby via your iPhone and....he sees this and does the same to you from 800 miles away!


I am a little sad that we did not put up our big tree this year in the dining room. But when I saw this in Walnut Creek I was OK with it. So pretty and no work at all...just enjoy the eye candy, and let someone else drag it out and put it away. Yep, I like that just fine.

My two wonderful friends,
Sydne in the red and Barbara in the yellow vest.

We saw each other in Folsom when Barb and I drove up on Saturday to see Sydne's Christmas Show. I did pretty good at the Show didn't spend a lot and then I laid eyes on this most gorgeous wreath ever made. She wasn't quite done with it so she is dropping it off Wednesday. I will definitely be taking a photo for you. Sydne's work has spirit to it. When I feel the energy of her creations, I feel her. I love that. Win/win/win Barb said I could store it at her rental house. Woohoo! But it may just stay up all year. Oh, by the way, Barb got a gorgeous one too. I also bought some jam and pomegranate vinegar for Jim and a scarf. It was more than worth the trip!!

Ok, here's one with me and the two of them. There are some tutus on the wall or something behind them and I think it is funny how it looks like they are both wearing color coordinated veils.

And speaking of trips that are worth it..go here for some fantastic, fun, and very fragrant soaps for your stocking stuffers. This is my sweet friend, Caroline's company and I want you to know it is a first class operation from the website to the shower or a relaxing bath. You will love these organic products and the value for your money couldn't be better. The Christmas fragrances are divine! I'd like to send Santa over with some for all of you! My favorite is Chocolate Orange Stick.
Can you imagine the tantalizing aroma of chocolate and oranges at 6:00 am? Heaven!


2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Loved your daybook as always Bonnie. That is one of my favourite songs, especially Sarah McLaughlin's version. Just beautiful. Those soaps look fabulous, but then again everything in this post does. Love the photos you and Jim sent each other. Just breathtaking! I send lots of love and hugs. Any chance I could get your address again so I can send you a Christmas Card? I lost my address book! I know . . . what am I like!! xxoo

Caroline Craven said...

Your comment about the squirrel made me laugh. Sometimes the dumbest things just strike me as very funny and this did. Thanks, as always, for the plug. I loved the picture of Barbara. I never know what is going on with her. I'm terrible at writing and so is she. She's even worse at blogging! (She never does it). But I love seeing her smile. I really miss my friends and I'm going to have to make a trip out this spring or summer.