Thursday, January 24, 2008

Farewell Michelle!

I have a group of very dear friends whom I have met with weekly for at least 6 years. We started meeting with a common goal which we still have but the group has become so much more. These friends have sustained me through so many things and I hope I have helped do the same for them. Now when we least wanted it or expected it, Michelle, is leaving the country as she and her family head for Canada and a new position for her husband with an engineering company. Many people will miss them tremendously but I like to think that no one will as much as Lanette, Connie and me. That being said, we are very happy for them and the new adventure that lies ahead for them as a family. Alan will have a great new job and the boys will enjoy new schools so that is fun. With Ashley being married, Jacob on his mission, and Amy staying here they will be quite spread out.


Michelle is a wonderfully unique person. She is the most earthy, organic woman I know. She has studied horticulture and can make anything grow and she has such a love for the soil, the plants, and her flowers.
Michelle also loves the beauty industry and beauty products, she is an aesthetician, and a manicurist, and she gives the best pedicures in the country! Many feet in this town are going to miss her! She has such a flare in everything she does and she is wonderful cook as well. She has a beautiful testimony of Jesus Christ and has been so wonderful to work with in many capacities in the church. She places a very high priority on education and all her children are benefiting from that. Her family serves others like no one I know. They are truly the best and our family will miss them terribly. Michelle is loving and fun and a great friend in every way.



Today we took her out to breakfast for the last of the three parties that have been held in her honor. We went to Mimi's Cafe and then took some photos to remember our times together forever! We are already talking about meeting in NYC in the not too distant future or maybe New Orleans for Fat Tuesday! Any of you who know how much I hate having my pictures taken have to know how much I love these ladies to have my own picture on here twice! Ugh!

5 comments:

Jen Stewart said...

Hey-I like your new blog title, very elegant and well suite to you my dear Queen Mother!

I'm so sad for you about Michelle! I know she is your good friend and those are hard to come by at times!

Love you! Miss you!

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I just can't imagine life without Michelle...

D and C said...

You guys are adorable. How fun, I didnt know you ladies were so close. I love Michelle as well, that family will be missed!!!

laura.elizabeth said...

I will miss Michelle and I don't even live in the same town! She is wonderful. I have thought of her and your friendship many times over the years as I have made and left new friends all over the country. She will be missed.

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Ahhh you make me cry. I am going to miss my Meeshell as I like to call her. I just love this woman, I do I do. Her testimony has been a huge rock for me, I have learned so much from her in so many areas in my life. Her family is amazing, they do it all. They are an incredible example to me on what a true heavenly family is like. I love them, and will miss them. I know that they are up to the adventure of a life time with this move. And they will be just fine bc they will have each other. Good Luck Simpson's! Don't forget us bc we won't ever forget you! Love you Meeshell! Love Marianne