Thursday, January 31, 2008

Prayer Request for Baby Hazel

Hi Everyone...I just received a call from Jen this morning and Hazel is in the hospital with a high fever, high white blood cell count and no answers as to what may be causing it yet. They thought when she took her to the doctor yesterday that it was a urinary tract infection but that does not seem to be the case. So they are checking everything else. Jen has that motherly instinct thing going that it might be the shunt. I am hoping not as that will mean another shunt surgery. She had this one placed in her head to drain off the excess cranial fluid at five days old and everyone had hoped it would last several years. But the threat of her body rejecting it as a foreign object is always there. So we are praying over here and they are praying over there. Thanks for joining in with us! For now she is in the hospital in Provo but may have to be taken to Children's in SLC depending on the outcome of the tests. Thank you Missy for taking Chloe this morning and thank you Kim for all the help you always give so willingly.

6 comments:

Deanna Munoz said...

I am so sad to hear about this. They are ALL in our prayers. We are actually going to the temple tomorrow, and although I am sure you have already done so, we would love to put their names in the temple. I am sure things will be ok. She is such a beautiful little baby. She is in our prayers. Love you guys.

Bon's Blog by Design said...

Thank you, Deanna. We love you too!
So far no new news so Jen feels they will be in the hospital a few days at least. They are waiting for scan results now. Hurry up and wait, that is what is it all about!

Laura said...

I will be praying for her, how difficult!!!!!

The Gatchell Crew said...

Me too. I am sure it is so hard to watch your baby go through that. I hope it is just something small with no major anythings to get it under control. She is so very precious!

Mommy said...

how is she, i need an update on that little angel.

Bon's Blog by Design said...

Hi Bethy, she is actually doing well. After a week in the hospital they never did determine what the problem was so they are treating her for meningitis (even though tests were negative) and hoping that when the course of antibiotics is completed there will be no fever returning which would indicate a shunt problem. Check out Jen's blog she has more details there. Love to you all, AB