Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Acting My Age

Sometimes I have a problem with acting my age. In part that has to do with not feeling my age but seriously, sometimes I am sure people are looking at me and thinking..."Whatever is she thinking?"

Case in point. Last week I went to one of my favorite Haunts,"Room With A Past" I have been looking for little special accents for the bathroom and that is a great place to find so many things. I rarely get out of there without a little bag of something. So I wasn't really seeing anything for the bathroom but I did see this....

My very first thought was ...

That is sooo unique & cute

and would look very fun
hanging on my hall tree in the entry.


My next thought was..

Oh, that would be such a fun purse to
have when you just wanted to carry
your cell phone and a little cash.

marycoaklydesigns.com

My next thought was...Really?

Would a grandmother of 10
look ridiculous carrying that?


And then my next thought was.......

A little button to share from my friend Becky's blog.

My next thought was......

Woohoo!
Cha-ching!


My next thought was....

It's OK because

I probably won't wear purple when I am old.
I am pretty sure I am not joining
The Red Hat Society....

So I guess I am just doing my own brand of
When I Am An Old Lady I'll......
Do My Own Personal Version of Fun Stuff!

'Cuz When you're an Old Lady
you can do your own thing

and not worry so much anymore!

My next thought was...

Awesome!
How Liberating!

9 comments:

BECKY said...

Oh. My. Goodness. You are such a hoot gal!! That sounds way too much like what my thought pattern would be given a similar situation!! LOL!!!

The other day my oldest daughter declared a clothing intervention was needed for me because I refuse to part with my dear old holy denim shirt. Actually, I wear it often, just not in public or without a shirt underneath because it has become see through just above the right member of my girl's club!! Mind you she is no fashion savvy gal, so I announced that war would be declared on her closet full of...HOODIES!!!! She laughed and then I threatened to sign her up for What Not To Wear!! She said she wouldn't want to do that because they would want to change her style!!! Hmmmmm....I thought that was the start of the war???!!

I say ROCK IT BON!!

Love ya!! Thanks for the smiles!!
Love your thinkin!!
Beck

mandy* said...

I like that bag. I want to see it in person. I keep looking at the picture because there is so much detail!

Connie said...

My beloved friend....there is no one like you, nor will there ever be! Please don't change a single thing about you--and do whatever the heck you want, whenever you want to do it!!!! You are one of my favorite people on the planet and if you carry that quirky little purse around, I'll happily stand right next to you with a big smile on my face. In fact, you can count on me for anything that does not involve nudity or crime.... :) You're one jazzy, hip, and happening grandma! GO YOU!!!!

Marie Rayner said...

How positively wonderful Bonnie! Why, oh why do we let the opinions of other's rule what we choose to wear!! For years, as a large woman, I have stayed away from things that I really liked, because I was large and felt that I was too big to wear them. THen one day I thought . . . who said pretty stuff was only for thin people? Why should I not have the pleasure of wearing it as well? I say wear whatever makes you happy and to heck with what anyone else may think or say. Life is far too short to be bothered!
xxoo

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I say we start our own society - called be yourself and love it or something like that. Life is too short! Plus your style is fabulous!!

Bonnie said...

You are all so sweet, I love you!

Caroline Craven said...

Funny bag and I love it! Today I am wearing an old charcoal grey sweater that is probably too short because when I sit down on the cold leather seats in the suburban, I can feel the leather on my back. My pants are probably cut too low too, but when I am standing and walking around I am perfectly covered and don't plan on sitting in this outfit in public. I am also wearing a string of fresh water pearls my parents gave me from their mission in the Philippines. I plan to wear the pearls every day until mom is finished with her chemo, just to remind me to keep her in my thoughts and prayers, but as I went out to run an errand this morning I thought to myself, "My girls would be embarrassed to be with me this morning wearing this tacky old sweater complete with pearls". Then I decided they weren't here and I don't care what anyone thinks anyways so off I went. At least I had on make-up which was more than I did yesterday when I took Trevor to the salon to get his haircut. I asked him as I went out the door if he cared whether or not I was wearing any make-up. He gave me a funny look and said no. I'm not really sure what that meant, but I went out anyway. January is my dress down month. In Feb. I'll clean the act up a bit. You just do as you please and don't bother with everyone else. Trust me, your a class act and would be if you were wearing rags out the door!

True Blue Roomie said...

Hi Bonnie! It was good to see you at the sale, and who says you can't use that purse in the bathroom?!?!?!? Or, yes, in a more conventional way as you plan is great too! Thanks for mentioning us, and hope to see you soon!

Cass @ That Old House said...

How dull would it be if we all acted our age? We should act as we wish, and do as we wish -- because life is too short to do otherwise!
Cass