Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook ~ September 20, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Monday, September 20, 2010

Outside my window...It's a sunny, beautiful fall day here. The sky is so blue and it is crispy out. It is 12:30 pm and I am about to leave for an appointment but thought I'd work on this some more.

I am thinking...about maybe going private on my blogs. It is such a hassle for readers but I am just entertaining the notion and wondering if you sweet friends would continue to visit me if I did? I am pretty trusting of people and nothing has happened it is just that sometimes I get nervous about it all.

I am thankful for...The good people on this earth. May they always out number the bad apples!

From the learning room...Some fancy photo tricks from Shelli for the blog. Love it!

I am reading...The Book Thief with The Help waiting in the wings.

I am wondering...If I will actually get through my to do list for the next few days.

I am hearing...Michael Ball singing "This is the Moment." I heard him sing this in concert...so beautiful it could make your heart stop beating!

Today if I could change one thing...it would be that everyone could have one wish that would come true for sure if it would make the world a better place.

I am quoting...“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Emerson

I am going...to be so happy to be with the family soon.

I am missing...
going to plays and concerts. Use to love to do that and it has been too long.

I am hoping...Hazie has some better nights with good sleep and less breathing difficulty.

One of my guilty pleasures.....cat naps on the recliner while the sun is streaming in the window. I truly do feel like a cat when I do it.

Pet Peeves...
any loose paper that falls out of a magazine like confetti when you are trying to read it. Drives me crazy!

One of my favorite things...
tomato basil hummus from Trader Joe's.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Letters to Juliet with Jim on our Friday night movie date. I was waiting for it to come out and am happy we have it in our collection now. Verona scenery is gorgeous. Sweet story as well.

I am curious about...the story about the woman who killed a 900 pound, 13 foot gator with a hook and a gun. Really? I mean I saw the video of her standing by it but I would like to see the one of her doing this single-handedly
. Since in South Carolina one has to pull the gator to the edge of the boat to shoot it...I am feeling skeptical. Oh me of little faith...the media people have done this to themselves. Seeing is not believing anymore!

A few plans for the rest of the week...meeting this morning, nail and hair appointments, short get away with Jim on Tuesday to Berkeley for breakfast and in search for a Cal shirt for Jim, packing, getting on a jet plane, visiting kids, two grandies' birthdays, a baptism, church in their town, getting on another jet plane. It is going to be a packed week.

A picture and thought I am sharing with you.

I started a new little blog with Jim and it is a Photo Blog About San Francisco. I have enjoyed photo blogs of people's favorite cities and we thought it would be fun to share some of ours. So if you are so inclined you can view the photos I have added so far. Not too many yet but I am working on it. The picture above was taken by me out the car window while Jim was driving about 50 mph over the Bay Bridge. It was just a total fluke that I got it right between the cables and that it wasn't blurry with our dinky little camera. Serendipity photography! There is a button for the blog on the sidebar as well as the link above.


5 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE...It is windy due to the hurricanes out in the atlantic. It's causing the air pressure to bring in high wave on the beaches and wind across the pensula.
THINKING...of tomorrow's retirement meeting. I'm glad my brother is going with me.
THANKFUL FOR...My LORD'S guidance to retire before the educational Pandora's box is opened and all ___ breaks loose.
LEARNING ROOM...Hesitation is not a part of faith.
READING...Judges 20
WONDERING...how long it will take until I'm completely out from under the stress of this educational disaster brought on by government.
HEARING...Glen Beck saying the lack of this president's undestanding of Ameican History.
CHANGE...my spending habits.
QUOTING...GOD is never changing. He's the same yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever.
GOING...to be so happy when I soon will get up early because I want to and not because I have o.
MISSING...my summer vacation.
HOPING...my change over to retirement goes smooth.
GUILTY PLEASURES...et. al.
PET PEEVES...to get the garbage out the night before!!
FAVORITE THINGS...Malted milk balls.
MOVIE...Red Planet-I should have wached NHRA Drag Racng!
CURIOUS ABOUT...Poor aligator! You know how many years he lived to get that big! He still had many years to go if he could have stayed away from man (in this case, woman!)
WEEK'S PLANS...get my mid-term conferences done and the "Confetti ticker tape parade" of paperwork done in order for the new teacher coming in to take over in my place without that worry.
All my best to you and yours,
Susie

Dorothy said...

I love your harvest decor and the old weather beaten wood on your opening page--but I also loved the tree shaded road as well.

Bonnie said...

The hubby was whining just a
little when I changed the header but he is change resistant and he loves that other picture of our street. I'll have it back after the holidays again. Thanks Dorthy!

Susie, I am so excited to learn you are going to take the leap and retire. Good for you! Always enjoy your version of the daybook.

Marie Rayner said...

Love the new header Bonnie! Very autumnal!! I loved reading your daybook as always. I had not heard of that particular movie. It does sound good. I am off to check out the photo blog now! I'm sure it will be perfectly lovely. And if you do go private, make sure you add me as a reader! Love and hugs!!
XXOO

Caroline Craven said...

I am not loving the new format blogspot has changed too - or maybe it is just my computer. I also love your new window with the fall decorations. We will be getting a new one too, look for it. Have fun on your trip. I hope you get everything done you need to do before you leave. Give Laura a big hug for us.