Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook ~ September 7, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.

So, For Today...Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Outside my window..it is shady in the front of the house looking out of my office window and the American flag is blowing gently in the breeze. Our neighbor just came home from work. I am late in getting to my daybook this week. The best laid plans of mice and men...it has been one of those days.

I am thinking...about something I saw on my friend's blog yesterday. When Plan A fails, don't worry you still have BCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY & Z! Thanks Marianne!

I am thankful for...the richness and complexities of life. You can be feeling so blue one minute and something will happen to make you laugh so hard (see my post below this one.) You can be worrying yourself sick about someone or something, only to discover God took care of it or them and your faith increases. Great excitements and total boredom and everything in between. I am thankful to be alive. I am thankful you are alive and that we are all in this together.

From the learning room..I would not like to be a travel agent. Still not done working on the trip to New England. Shooting for tomorrow...but then I was shooting for today too.

I am reading...books and Internet about all the lovely possibilities in New England. Too much information. Too many choices. It reminds me of trying to buy diapers at Walmart.

I am wondering...how Jim is feeling. He has a hip problem or back problem manifesting itself in his hip and leg. He is working at his mom's remodeling the bathroom this week but I know it is twice as hard as it would be if he were pain free.

I am hearing...my microwave buzzing as I am trying to thaw out some cooked steak left over from a BBQ we had. Then I can dump it into some chili I am making in the crockpot. We decided it is time to tackle the UFO's (Unidentified Frozen Objects) in our freezer.

Today if I could change one thing...it would be for good health and prosperity for all the people I have on my prayer list right now. Oh boy, that would be nice!

I am quoting..."How little permanent happiness could belong to a couple who were only brought together because their passions were stronger than their virtue." Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice, 1811. I ♥ ♥ ♥ that!

I am going...to watch a movie tonight. I am feeling the
need to just kick back and do over today, tomorrow since I am now a day behind this week. (I had to do some work today that I was not planning on. But I was happy to be of service to Jim and his mom, getting paint squared away and buying bathroom fixtures.)

I am missing...
a family reunion, we need one. Our whole family has not been together since Christmas of 2006. Laura has never seen Hazel or Owen in person and neither have the boys. Robert came by briefly one afternoon when he was on Navy business in their area. Hazel will be three this month and Owen was three in June. Too sad! We need to all be together under one roof and soon.

I am hoping...I can figure out how to use a PC again as we just bought a laptop so we can take it on trips and not have to use the kids' computers all the time. It is my new blogging machine while away. It is like driving in England to switch back to a PC after hanging out with a Mac. Turns my brain inside out, upside down and backwards. Ouch!

One of my guilty pleasures....oh, I hate to say it, true confessions...Grey's Anatomy. I don't know why I like it because it really is a seedy, weird TV show, but I do. I can watch it on the computer one day after it airs on abcgo.com. The people and situations are totally ridiculous on it but it is intriguing to see what they will come up with next.

Pet Peeves...(new this week) People that text on their iPhones while they are talking to you! Excuse me...rudeness. We need a book on Electronic Etiquette.

One of my favorite things...dinner in the crockpot so I don't have to think about food for a few days. When Apple comes out with something that dreams up, procures and cooks dinner, I am getting it. They c
ould call it the iCrock!

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...Becoming Jane. Any Jane Austen lover must see it. Ah, so bittersweet! Anne Hathaway is so brilliant in it. It is romantic and beautifully filmed. Treat yourself! Dave Hoppie...you would love it!

I am curious about...the people that just stop blogging and never come back. They just kind of fade away. I miss some of them.

A few plans for the rest of the week...tonight get out the Relief Society calender for the month, watch a movie, wait for Jim to come home from mutual (church Young Men's activity) , tomorrow drive my brother and Emily and her mom to the airport in San Francisco so they can fly off to a European cruise for a couple of weeks, haircut and visiting teaching tomorrow night, a trip to Good Will with some clothes (I cleaned out of my postage stamp closet yesterday), clean house and work on the itinerary, Friday a funeral on the coast for a distant cousin of Jim's (we are driving his mom over), Friday night date, Saturday...just breathe..hopefully.

A picture and thought I am sharing with you.


Hazel Jo...How can one little girl
with spina bifada bring such joy
to so many people
with her tiny little smile?

Answer: She
chooses happiness!

One of the sixteen reasons
we jump out of bed happy each morning,
ignoring all the aches and pains,
trials and tribulations
and praising God!

6 comments:

LA Adams said...

So many things I agree with in this article!! I love the extra plans after plan A doesn't work, I love a dinner crockpot, I loved Becoming Jane, your picture of Hazie is adorable and you sure fit alot into one week!!!

Caroline Craven said...

I love the picture of Hazel, I love how soft the colors look. It reminds me of when I stopped in to see you on one of your visits. She is a doll with a gift for being comfortable with strangers. Please tell Marianne I got her message and thank her for me. I'm not sure why she couldn't comment, it's an open blog. But whatever. I so appreciate and FEEL the prayers people are offering in my behalf. It's a good time to feel the love and support of dear friends.

Julie Harward said...

What a lot to share here..loved it! And I really love this little Hazie..she get into my heart..just want to hug her! :D

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Bonnie, thanks so much for sharing little Hazel with us and letting us love her too! What a little treasure she is! Love your daybook entry as always. It is just like a little glimpse into your world and a sit down and chat with you. I feel as if I am right there with you. I long for a family reunion. That would be so nice. I can sympathise with Jim and his back problem. Sounds exactly like what I have and I know how debilitating and painful it is! Love you loads! xxoo

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Bonnie thank you for saying thank you to my Plan A I LOVE THIS! I actaully must confess that I stole that post from Deanna. She always has the coolest things on her blog. So I told her to post it for me on my blog. I love it though- it just about sums up my life :) Thank you for posting my comment to Caroline. I am not sure why I can't post on her blog. There are a few other people blogs that I can't comment on either... but it might just be me... cause you know I have issues :) THANKS FRIEND!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

HI Bonnie,
Good to hear from you hon. Glad you are doing better too. Sometimes when you see others you love suffering, it sort of wears on you after a while.
But like you say then all of a sudden the Lord does something that changes that sadness. He is so awesome like that!!

Becky was able to come by for a short while today, to deliver my purchase from etsy and to have coffee and an easy breakfast and a
fun visit. It was good to see her,
and to see things are slowly coming along with her etsy business.
so neat! and she is so excited,
and I am so excited for her as well.

We cleaned the porch this morning finally!! I didn't think I could stand it another day it was such a yukky mess. The spider webs were
horrible, we were beginning to look like a haunted mansion.
Tomorrow we will be able to reap the benefits by sitting out their
early in the morning for coffee or breakfast. Love this time of the
year when we are having a bit cooler temps, even if they do only
last till 9:00. Better than nothing!! lol

My root canal seems to be working,
no more gum pimple, and just a wee
bit of swelling and soreness left,
in one small area. Today has been a week, and everything seems so normal I am having a hard time trying to remember not to chew on
that side till it is finished.
and I am able to sleep all night now since I don't have to take any
more meds!! Praise the Lord!!

Started fall decorating today, but
only got the kitchen table done, cause I gotta get Jimmy to go up in
the attic to get the rest down.

Yea, I really like Susan's blog at between naps on the porch, love her porch too!! so pretty!!
I wonder too, how she does all this and with a full time job.
I can hardly keep up with visiting
and blogging, just working at home.

Thanks for your comments on my tablescape, Dee really enjoyed it.
and I really enjoyed doing it.
Yea, Jimmy surprises me every now and again, with some decorating opinions, not too often, but I get a kick out of it. He is very
sweet to run to the store for me and things like that if needed.
He is just a darn good Man what can I say!! lol
Hope you are having a good day,
that was such a cute pic of Hazie,
she is a lil darling, and I know she is just an amazing lil girl.
You have a great Friday and weekend,
Love ya, Nellie