Thursday, November 11, 2010

Confessions of a Treeaholic

Hi, my name is Bonnie and I am a treeaholic! I am embarrassed to show my face because I cannot stop taking pictures of trees and posting them on here. This is becoming a problem, I may lose all my readers! What can I do? I cannot get enough of their beautiful colors. It is an addiction.

The tremendous high I felt in New England is something I cannot stop looking to repeat. Is there a group? A 12-step program? I am dreading when the last leaf falls and it will be gray and dreary outside. I feel like I have to just keep storing up more and more pictures like a squirrel hiding nuts for the winter or a bear preparing for hibernation. It may be some curious reaction to that never-ending winter we had last year. I just want to lie down in the sun and cover myself up in these leaves like our grandson, Zachary, did a few years ago!

I thought I'd be OK when we got home but look what we have discovered. The beautiful autumn leaves have followed us home! We have never seen so many beautiful trees right here at home. This is what we found in our beautiful San Francisco Bay Area today.

Warning: Now is the time to opt out if you
are just sick to death of
Autumn on this blog.
(Fear not we are starting Christmas gathering tomorrow)










I need a meeting......sorry ladies!

4 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I love trees too Bonnie, if this is addiction I don't want to be cured!

Autumn Trees
"THE HEART OF THE TREE"
What does he plant who plants a tree?
He plants a friend of sun and sky;
He plants the flag of breezes free;
The shaft of beauty, towering high;
He plants a home to heaven high;
For song and mother-croon of bird
In hushed and happy twilight heard---
The treble of heaven's harmony---
These things he plants who plants a tree.

What does he plant who plants a tree?
He plants cool shade and tender rain,
And seed and bud of days to be,
And years that fade and flush again;
He plants the forest's heritage;
The harvest of a coming age;
The joy that unborn eyes shall see---
These things he plants who plants a tree.

What does he plant who plants a tree?
He plants, in sap and leaf and wood,
In love of home and loyalty
And far-cast thought of civic good---
His blessings on the neighborhood
Who in the hollow of His hand
Holds all the growth of all our land---
A nation's growth from sea to sea
Stirs in his heart who plants a tree.
~Henry C Bunner

Deanna said...

Bonnie,
there is nothing you can do about this affliction. Through your blog posts, I myself have become addicted to trees...lol! You should get a grouping of the best of the best you have snapped and frame the photos in a large frame. Or perhaps two photos in a large frame. The possibilities are endless!

Color change is going slow here but my oak trees have only brown and a few rust colored leaves. I was really hoping for fiery orange or bright red leaves but oh well, brown and rust will do.

Marshall is supposed to take me to Lost Maples Park nest Wednesday. I hope were not to late to see the colors on the trees.

Hugs,
Deanna :D

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bon,
Hey, I'll go with you I am addicted too, but I would rather not be cured. I just love love love fall,
and all your pics are so gorgeous they just transport me to heaven!!
I was noticing and trying to take pics when we were on the interstate on Tuesday because even in Florida we have trees that are a changing and actually have pretty colors too,
not as pretty as New England, grant it, but very pretty indeed.
Loved your post it was very cute!!
I love that you are a treeaholic!! You are sooo funny girl!!
Hope all is well, have missed you lately, where have you been??
Of Course, duh!!
Out taking pics of trees... of course!! What any self respecting
Treeaholic would do!! lol
Love ya girly,
Nellie

Caroline Craven said...

Just as long as you don't start digging them up and bringing them home! God must love them too - look at all the one's He planted!