Friday, November 5, 2010

Tress, Trees, Trees

There is beauty all around!

Traveling down these roads in New Hampshire was pure joy. It was like climbing inside the most beautiful paintings one right after another. It was like being inside a snow globe with no snow, just being completely surrounded and swallowed up in it. You hardly knew where to look first. It was distractingly beautiful to the point you could barely focus on taking pictures. But you knew you had to, lest you'd one day forget. Most of the time we were speechless...well except for Rossie! It was the most peaceful and serene place I have ever been. I hope heaven looks just like this.

There just are not words to adequately describe it...

My wish for all of you is that you
can come and walk here someday.

That your parents, children and grandchildren
can enjoy this with you.


That your eyes will be able to soak it all in.

That you can cross over this bridge and...

Watch your little boys and girls
throw rocks here into the river.


That your ears can hear the rushing
water of the mighty river.

That your senses can be awakened
by the beauty of God's creations.


That you can set your table here and enjoy
a simple picnic in this kind of ambiance.

That there can be quiet for you
to enjoy the
reverence for our Creator
and His handiwork.


That you can perceive the beauty around you,
even in a pharmacy parking lot.

That your heart feels like bursting
so that you
cannot contain your gratitude
for
the simple things in life.

That you feel lighted-headed with happiness
at your every blessing from a Loving Father.


That you know there is always beauty
outside of the darkness you are bridging.
Seeking the light,
just look out of that tunnel to find it.


So that you feel enfolded
in the arms of His love.


That the path is seared into your heart
and mind for as long as you live.

That you will always have
the memory to cherish

and the mind to bring it back to you
when you need it.



That you can share it with some of
your most beloved on the earth.


That your testimony of the reality of God
will make you happy and that your faith
will never falter because of the evidence
there is all around you
at every turn
that
He is there,
that He loves you,
and that He is over all.

8 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

We have some trees changing color. The oak trees mainly lose their leaves in spring quickly followed by the limey green leaves of new growth. Most trees just have the brown colored leaves of fall. I can only imagine the beauty in person of the reds, yellows, and orange! I too, can't understand why most of mankind wants to reject GOD's creation when there is no way this could happen on its own! The Creation itself is Testimony of Him! Sad to say if they reject Him, they one day WILL declare the LORD for Who He is, the Great I Am; Creator, Savior, and Judge! However, at that time it will be to late for them. I'm so glad Jesus has paid my penalty for sin.
Hugs to you and yours,
Susie

Unknown said...

BONNIE YOU ARE MY MOST AWESOME FRIEND. I WAS IN VERMONT OCT 7TH THROUGH THE 10TH. AS I RODE ALONG THE ROAD AND SAW PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AS YOU SAW. I FELT IT ALL BUT COULD NEVER HAVE PUT IT INTO THE WORDS AS YOU DID. LOVE YOU BUNCHES, GINA

Barbara said...

Love this post, Bonnie. Such beautiful pictures and words. But, I do have to say that I thought the first picture was your street. It is so wonderful that we are all surrounded by God's love and blessings and by fabulous creations.
Big hug,
Barbara

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Beautiful! Your words and your pictures! Life is so busy these days, as you can understand. I think maybe we're getting a rhythm and so maybe I can get a little more "me" time back. I loved looking at your pictures and reading your words. It made my mind slow down a little bit. Blessings to you!

Deanna said...

Heaven simply must look like this when I get there. The photos do take your breath away. I can sit here and stare at them for minutes on end. I find them (the photos) so inspiring and somehow they make me feel closer to Him. Since I've been on a major downer lately, reading your posts makes me stop being so dramatic and to rejoice in the fact that I can still see..I may have one damaged eye for life but I can still see all the beauty that you show me and for that, I praise God.

Love always,
Deanna :D

Merrill Family said...

OH wow you were right those are the best fall pictures ever!! It was great seeing you over the weekend, you always make me smile!
Emily

Caroline Craven said...

Beautiful pictures - again! We are over the pretty fall colors here and are expecting snow tonight or tomorrow morning. Kind of exciting/depressing all at once!

spencerjames said...

Amazing! The pictures and commentary. Great job, Mom! The perfect description of something almost too beautiful to describe.