Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~November 29, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.



So, For Today...Monday, November 29, 2010

Outside my window...it is cold and dark with just a touch of the blue hour starting to happen. I can hear the train in the distance and people are definitely up and about and heading to the City for the first day of work after a nice 4 day break.

I am thinking...I am glad that this year is well-documented on my blog and Daybook as it is just a blur to me otherwise. I don't think another year has ever flown by so quickly. I can scarcely believe it is nearly December. Weren't we just sweltering in the summer heat? Now as I sit here with the fire going, a velour pair of pants, shirt, and hoodie and socks, I feel like a jacket and scarf might be a nice idea. Burr! Winter I don't know if I am ready for it. After all the rain of last year I am already looking forward to spring.

I am thankful for...Hazie's good care and the love of many that are helping her to get well.

From the learning room..life is forever throwing us curve balls and I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven that knows that and has given us so much to help us deal.

I am reading...some favorite Christmas books right now.

I am wondering...how it can possibly be 5 months today that Jim has been retired? It has been a remarkably smooth transition. In fact it has been wonderful!

I am hearing...Zat You Santa Claus? Louis Armstrong

Today if I could change one thing...It would be that Hazel was completely well and home from the hospital right now.

I am quoting..."You can take no credit for beauty at 16. But if you are beautiful at 60, it will be your soul's own doing." Marie Stopes For Maureen...turning 60 on December 2nd!

Maureen and her grandson, Josh!
Isn't she beautiful and Josh is so handsome too!
That guy who looks like he is praying or
sleeping in the background is Jimbob!


I am going...to get our electronic Christmas Card done this week.

I am missing...all of our family and it will be worse when Jim goes to Utah tomorrow night to run Grampa Camp with the big girls while Mom and Dad shuffle back and forth to the hospital and work, etc. I am staying and taking care of things here for the time being since we are going in a few weeks for Christmas. I actually have a decorating job to do as well. Helping a great friend with her Christmas decor on Wednesday. There are just so many reasons why I was prompted to get a head start on Christmas this year. I wish I could be at Jen's side right now. The hospital with a little one is so draining. I will drop everything and go if she needs me, all she has to do is say the word.

One of my guilty pleasures...Christmas Home Tours. I am only going to one this year if I am lucky but I do love them. I do love the online ones as well.

Pet Peeves..Black Friday!

One of my favorite things...Phone calls from our grandchildren.

An enjoyable movie I have watched lately...An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving.

I am curious about...how much I am enjoying my iPhone since I really didn't want one for a long time. It just makes everything a little more convenient. Now that I can actually do the texting it has been a lifesaver while Hazie has been in the hospital.

A few plans for the rest of the week...finish the last few things I need to get for Christmas and get the card done, go to Liz's baby shower (she is having twin boys and already has three boys under six.) I am going to see Harry Potter with Jim tonight finally and then getting him on a plane tomorrow. Going to an annual Christmas party on Saturday and maybe making a trip to a boutique out of town. Buying a wedding gift for a sweet young couple and something for our nephew's 30th birthday. But mostly...praying for Hazie day and night.

Here are some photos I am sharing with you....

Thanksgiving at our house. Just five of us this year!

Jim's mom, still going strong at 84!
She looks amazing, doesn't she?

My sister-in-law Emily and my brother Steve!
We sure love these two!

We went to Maureen's surprise birthday party on Saturday night and were so happy to see our very good friends, Lee and Dave there too. Dave is Jim best buddy, they do just about everything they can together. Right now they are finishing up a work shop in Dave's backyard. Jim's is coming in the spring. And the cutest thing happened on Friday, Jim's birthday. Dave and another sweet David that is a good friend, took Jim out to lunch. I loved that~I don't think that has ever happened before. I want him to have fun with his friends and he is, especially since he has retired and has more time and energy than ever. (Those of you who know him are going..."What, more energy?" Right?

Lee and Dave
We love you guys!

4 comments:

margaret said...

He's praying, he's definitely praying, anyone can see that he's praying :)

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE..it can't make up its mind if it wants to mist rain or be sun shiney!
THINKING...of all of the school activities besides the academics and preparing for getting it all done!
THANKFUL...that all things are in GOD's contol. Prayers are being lifted for your sweet Hazie! How much more she means to GOD, for He created her and His Love surrounds her.
LEARNING ROOM...I'm so thankful that around evey corner of those curves our GOD awaits our trust and prayers to be lifted up to His All Knowing mind of our circumstances.
READING...Proverbs - 1 a day. What blessings await those who hold up these truths daily.
WONDERING...I'm wondering when the LORD's time for my retirement is to come. I am awaiting with an eager heart.
HEARING...Susan Boyle's Christmas CD. What a beautiful voice she has.
QUOTING..."You can't change the past, but you'll ruin the present by worrying about the future." (Daily Bread, 11/29 devotional.) I need to take this advice!
GOING...to make a goal of going to see "Manheim Steamroller's" concert!
MISSING...my 5 days off for Thankgivings break!
GUILTY PLEASURE...the holiday treats and goodies that aren't around the rest of the year!
PET PEEVE...to not step foot out of my house on Black Friday, ha!
FAVORITE THING...my blogging friends.
MOVIE...I watched "Elf", that's all I'll say, ha!
CURIOUS...how people are electronically attached all day...night too (?) I have even seen teachers texting off and on all day.
WEEK...get my December picture name cards done,switch out my classroom for December setting, get our academic #'s together for our meeting time, plan on a long Wednesday for "staff development" (2 hours, ugh!)
Until next time. You gave me the idea for my next blog!
Hugs and love to you and yours,
Susie

sistersusiesays said...

OUTSIDE..it can't make up its mind if it wants to mist rain or be sun shiney!
THINKING...of all of the school activities besides the academics and preparing for getting it all done!
THANKFUL...that all things are in GOD's contol. Prayers are being lifted for your sweet Hazie! How much more she means to GOD, for He created her and His Love surrounds her.
LEARNING ROOM...I'm so thankful that around evey corner of those curves our GOD awaits our trust and prayers to be lifted up to His All Knowing mind of our circumstances.
READING...Proverbs - 1 a day. What blessings await those who hold up these truths daily.
WONDERING...I'm wondering when the LORD's time for my retirement is to come. I am awaiting with an eager heart.
HEARING...Susan Boyle's Christmas CD. What a beautiful voice she has.
QUOTING..."You can't change the past, but you'll ruin the present by worrying about the future." (Daily Bread, 11/29 devotional.) I need to take this advice!
GOING...to make a goal of going to see "Manheim Steamroller's" concert!
MISSING...my 5 days off for Thankgivings break!
GUILTY PLEASURE...the holiday treats and goodies that aren't around the rest of the year!
PET PEEVE...to not step foot out of my house on Black Friday, ha!
FAVORITE THING...my blogging friends.
MOVIE...I watched "Elf", that's all I'll say, ha!
CURIOUS...how people are electronically attached all day...night too (?) I have even seen teachers texting off and on all day.
WEEK...get my December picture name cards done,switch out my classroom for December setting, get our academic #'s together for our meeting time, plan on a long Wednesday for "staff development" (2 hours, ugh!)
Until next time. You gave me the idea for my next blog!
Hugs and love to you and yours,
Susie

Caroline Craven said...

You've been up to some fun stuff. Tell Maureen Happy Birthday for me. She is such a fun person. I just read Hazie's update. That seems like a lot for a child to bear. We will continue to keep her in our prayers, along with the rest of the family. A little Christmas miracle would be great wouldn't it!