Monday, February 1, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook~February 1, 2010

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, February 1, 2010

Outside my window...it is dark and quiet and the neighborhood is fast asleep except for our neighbor, Kent who leaves just a few minutes after Jim each morning. I am always aware of when he leaves as my office window is in direct line with his circle drive way. I admire people who go to work so early, I just don't want to be one of them...that is for sure! It is hard to live on NY time when you live in SF. It really can mess up your weekend when you can actually sleep later, and your body isn't gonna let ya!

I am thinking...can the weather forecast really be for rain for the nine of the 10 days coming up? I am wondering how long it will take our water district to remove the water rationing and heavy penalties for going over the limit they have imposed on everyone. I believe in conserving but when having guests (who are careful) becomes a liability to your budget it is frustrating!

I am needing this though!

I am thankful for...the tender mercies of the Lord in our lives. I am thankful that He never changes. I appreciate that He has a plan for each of His children even though we have our agency to make our own decisions and choices.

From the learning room..that we have to be resilient and patient when things do not go according to plans. Life is a dance and we are constantly learning the steps.

I am reading...Vienna Prelude still and wondering why I cannot seem to find the time for pleasure reading for more than a few minutes a day. I am also wondering why I fall asleep even when the book is really good. It might be that I am living outside our time zone as mentioned above.

From the kitchen...the cupboards are bare. Time to make a list and head to Winco, Sam's and Trader Joe's.

I am wondering...How our sweet little angel granddaughter, Hazel is doing today. She has pneumonia and is in the hospital. That little girl has been through more in her short 2 years than most of us will ever see. She is a remarkable teacher.

I am wearing...Pjs...that is it! Freezing at the moment! Time for a nice warm hot chocolate.

I am hearing...some fun songs I have just recently added to my iTunes. A few songs by Max Raabe, one Dean Martin and one Nora Jones...how's that for variety?

I am creating...an actual decorating plan for the new bathroom. I bought the mirror and all the hardware for the new room this weekend. It is getting exciting as we are getting closer to completion. If things go according to plans the shower tile and the floor will be in by the end of the week. Woohoo! Jim did the painting this past week and finished it up on the weekend. I got the wallboard dust off of a lot of the areas around the room and off the new windows. Looking good!

I am going...to buy the bins I plan to use in the bathroom closet to keep it organized today. Jim will be making the shelves for it this week. I am also taking the art work to the framers. We are seeing the light at the end of tunnel on our 14 month remodeling projects. Yay!

I am quoting...the law of construction. Plan as you will...then count on twice the time and money and you are in the ballpark!!

My spiritual thoughts include...always being thankful for our blessings even in adversity. Never forgetting to praise God for all He does for us on a daily basis. Seeing the miracles with eyes wide open and a prayer of thanks.

Around the house...imagine a thin layer of flour on everything..ugh! I have washed the wood floors about a billion times in the last month! Not wondering why I am having some asthma issues. No matter how many barricades you put up...it seeps through. I think I am going to have to take out and dust every book on the library shelves in Jim's office. Now there's fun!

I am missing...our family. All of them.

I am hoping...Hazel gets better every minute of the day.

I have been procrastinating...getting my blog book published. I can't find the perfect company to do it. They all seem to have weird things like printing your photo captions separately, not with your photos, but in the body of your text. What?

One of my guilty pleasures...good movies. I really do love them. Not a fan of TV at all.

One of my favorite things...history.

A few plans for the rest of the week...meetings, singing practice on Tuesday night, projects, budget, shopping for groceries, thinking about Valentine's Day, ordering some soap from the Itty Bitty Soap Works Company, church work, figuring out how to help a friend with an injury, praying for lots of people that are having a tough time right now...the list goes on, and on and on...It is good to be busy!

Here is a picture and thought I am sharing with you...

Here is our tiny Hazie before she got sick ~ just taking care of her baby business. I want to see her home, happy and feeling lot better again soon. That is my prayer for today.

6 comments:

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Good morning Bonnie!

Oh how I'm praying for your precious little Hazel.....she is soooo darn adorable! I could just scoop her right up and sit and hold her allll day long.

Oh my.....I didn't know about the blog book problem.....I found this bookmaker a while back....have you checked them out?

http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/cutestblog/index.html

Or do they do that funny arrangement too? I've been planning to do mine too.... I guess I'd better investigate more before I go for it.

Thanks for the music comment....I am such an old foggie.....I love the old music and it makes me happy.

Hugs,
Spencer

Bonnie said...

Yes, Spencer, I did check them out. They are great except for the caption problem. They plan to have it fixed sometime in the spring. I like them though because they do have an inter- active chat on their site so you can actually ask a question and get a real answer.

Thanks for your well wishes for Hazie. She is adorable, isn't she?

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
So glad to hear things are coming along so well with your bathroom,
I know that feeling of being ready to be done, but it just seems like something else to be done.
What a cute pic of Hazie. Am so hoping she is much better by now.
Will keep praying and you keep us posted.
Will pray you find someone to post your trip book soon, that must be
frustrating after spending so much time on it. Well, the Lord is probably holding it up cause you just haven't discovered the best
people to publish it yet!
You have a good day,
Blessings friend,
Nellie

LA Adams said...

Adorable Hazie! I'll be praying for her and her mom - maybe sometime I'll even get to meet them. It feels like I'm getting to know a little of your family as I read your blog but it's not the same as reality.
Good luck with the dust!!! I hate construction even if the result is great.

Caroline Craven said...

I love the picture of Hazie with her "baby". I am pretty old-fashioned and love seeing little girls playing with their "babies". I hope she is doing better and continues to improve with each passing day. She must have a strong fighting spirit, bless her little heart. Will continue to keep her in our prayers.

Caroline Craven said...

Just read Hazie's update. We will also be keeping Jen in our prayers. I can't imagine how hard this must be for her.