Wednesday, November 12, 2008

By the Sweat of Their Brow You Shall Know Them!

Sexy Guys, that is!

Yesterday being Veterans' Day Jim was home from work. I had to work, using the term loosely, as I spent the day with one of my best friends and clients, selecting furnishings for her home and having lunch together. We also made a great trip to HomeGoods in Brentwood. We had a wonderful and productive day. The cherry on top was that when I got home Jim had fixed our fireplace/heater in the kitchen and also the leaky faucet. I cannot tell you how happy I am to be able to heat up the kitchen, especially while not having to listen to the drip, drip, drip of water all day long. Oh, and he had made dinner for the three of us! How lucky am I? Very!

Can you see the fire burning in our cozy corner of our kitchen?

My friend, Michelle, always has said that the most charming, sexy man is the one with sweat on his brow, and dirt on his hands from his labors for his family. Today I could not agree with her more!

Thanks Honey, I appreciate it soooo much! Life is getting better and better after being together as man and wife 40 years, 4 months and 4 weeks exactly~ after 4 years of dating to boot! You are a keeper! After that many years you don't even know where you end and your spouse begins. It is interesting!

12 comments:

mandy* said...

Thank you so much for shopping with my mom. I can't wait to see all of her new furniture when I am home for Christmas! It's so exciting!

CA Poppy said...

Your hearth looks like a postcard!Please post photos of the finished rooms ~ I can't wait to see them.

Bonnie said...

Mandy, I loved going with your mom...I love doing anything and everything with her, really. I think you will love the furniture ensembles. They are fabulous! They go very well together..(living room and family room) and they have just enough spunk to really be "her." You are going to go nuts. Can't wait for the big reveal when you arrive. We have much to do before that time though. The girl is movin' on up, I'm tellin' ya!

Bonnie said...

Michelle,

Did you like how I quoted you? You are one wise lady...love you. I will send photos of the house when it is done but that will be several weeks yet. I am just doing all the preliminary stuff now. Check my side bar for my mile long to do list.

I need my mom to crack the whip over me, I just love playing these days and am getting good at it.
I put my list on the blog so I will actually see it when I am playing instead of working. Clever, huh? Yeahrite...nothing really moves me out of my fun mode like it should...I think I am still recovering from a job I didn't like for 20 something years. Anyway, sorry for the ramble. I'll post the pictures.

Deanna said...

What a wonderful man! All husbands should know that it's the little things that make us happy.

Hugs,
Deanna

P.S. What did hubby make for dinner?

Jim said...

Thank you Love! I enjoy the work I do for you. I love you!
Love, J

Barbara said...

Awww! Jim and Bon, you guys are so cute! Thanks for the fabulous day, Bonnie. I know it was work for you, but it was bliss for me. Shop, lunch, shop, drive, shop, come home to prepared dinner--yeah!Next time, if we start with breakfast out, too, it will be a total no cook day. Thanks, Jim, your dinner was fabulous and I loved the "quick" salad you made--yummy!

Deanna, Jim cooked chili con carne and served it over rice with sour cream and cheddar cheese along with a side salad of romaine, tomatoes, red peppers, and green onions. Very yummy!

Bonnie said...

Barb, it was total bliss for me too. I just don't want all my readers to think I never work! That is why I said..client and friend..not Barbara! I knew if they knew it was you the jig would be up! :-)

laura.elizabeth said...

I LOVE my dad! And while I am not sure the sweat on his brow qualifies as "sexy" - I guess I can pretend to know what you mean. Love ya!

Bonnie said...

Truth be know I really don't like any sweat on him at all! But it is just a little take on Michelle's view. What it means to me is that these are the things that make you love your man a little more each time. And that looking hot is great but it has to go a little deeper than that over the long haul.

Jim said...

What...now NOW you tell me that you don't like me all sweaty and "glowing" after my hikes...biking and hard yard work. I'm crushed!!


Hey wait a minute...so how come your always offering to "cool me off" when I get home??

Deanna said...

I have been laughing since the last four posts!! You all are so funny....look how much I missed from being off for a couple of days!

Deanna :D