Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Get Away

Kicking Off The Christmas Season!

We're home! We had a fantastically wonderful time. I highly recommend this type of Get Away for every married couple at least twice a year, if not more. I know it is sometimes impractical if you have little ones but if you don't~there are no good excuses. I know it sounds selfish but I cherish the little time I get with my spouse alone!

We love the Bay Area so we didn't go far. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in San Rafael and it is just great. Of course you have a suite which we thoroughly enjoyed. We had a nice living room where we could watch movies on the cushy couch together . We also set up our lap top, a little pantry of snacks and fruits, etc. The hotel includes a cook to order beautiful breakfast each morning which saved us money. We also like that it is so centrally located to the places we love to go. We were blessed with an early check in~it was supposed to be 3:00 but we arrived at 10:30 and they let us in~ so it was like having the room an extra day!

The Atrium

The Lobby

The Rooms

The Christmas Decor Just Starting to Go Up!

We enjoy car travel once in a while as we can take whatever we want and we do pretty much load up the van. (It is similar to car camping.) Jim took his bike and his brand new Tom Tom. He calls her Susan because that is his favorite voice on the GPS. I call her "The Other Woman." Jim had been researching which one we wanted for awhile and actually did his first ever Black Friday Shopping while I packed and got ready. We were completely ready and out the door by 9:00 am on Friday.

The Learning Curve Kept "Us" Busy with the Other Woman
She is pretty amazing!

Susan was Looking Very Festive with My Scarf and a Pine Sprig From
The Lot Where We Went to Sniff Christmas Trees.
I decorate everything! It is a sickness!
(The evergreen sniffing was a lot of fun by the way!)

0 comments: