Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Gratitude Give Me


I am feeling thankful that Halloween is over and we can move on to our next lovely holiday. I believe in being thankful to our Father in Heaven every day and so, in that sense every day is Thanksgiving. But I do love the traditions of family and friends gathering to thank the Lord together at this time of year. No matter what is going on in our lives we all have so much to be thankful for and we take too many of them for granted.

Here are some of the things I forget to be
more thankful for sometimes but that
are so important to the comforts for my daily life.

1. My vision and for corrective lenses that make my
vision nearly perfect. Seeing the beauty around me
is just central to my happiness and well-being.

2. Answers to the prayers for safety for friends
and family that are answered every single day.
We all know how quickly lives can be changed
and I want to be more thankful for the daily
answered prayers.

3. For my husband and all the work he does for me and our family.
Sometimes I take it for granted that he will just always be there
whenever I need something. It is such a blessing to me and I
want to be more thankful for him and
notice the little things he is always doing.


4. Our freedom to come and go as we please in this country.
Our freedom to worship God accounting to our own conscience.
Our freedom to take advantage of opportunities to better ourselves.


5. Clean water to drink and food that is always available.
And money to be able to have them.


6. A monthly pay check and a roof over our
heads and cars that get us where we need to be.


7. Communication modes and devices like the Internet,
mail service, telephones, etc.


8 Electricity, running water and garbage pick-up.

9. The beauty that graces us through nature's designs.


10. Clothing and and jackets to keep us warm.
A/C to keep us cool and comfortable.

11. Good medical care.
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.

12. People to love and help and care for and vice versa.


These are just a dozen of the things that mean so much to me and that I am thankful for in my daily life. I may do a few more posts like this through out the month. I just want to pay better attention to every blessing I receive. I don't think it is possible to be unhappy if you have a grateful heart.

What are you thankful for?
What do you want to pay more
attention to as you express
your gratitude to the Lord?


How Happy is Your Heart?

2 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

We truly do have so much to be thankful for. I recently watched the movie "The Kite Runner" (edited version). When it was over Kent and I both commented on how lucky we were to be living where we do with all the freedoms and conveniences we enjoy. I am trying so hard to express more gratitude for what I have by not complaining about what I don't have. When I see suffering in the world around me, it is a very good reminder. As always, I love reading your blogs and your comments.

LA Adams said...

Life is good.