Monday, November 16, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~November 16, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, November 16, 2009

Outside my window...It is very dark, very still and oh, so cold. It is one of those mornings I'd much rather just run back to bed. But I dare not to do it lest my friends who come over at 8:00 AM find me sleeping and think I died in my bed.

I am thinking...about how having company fairly regularly is good for keeping your house in good order. There is nothing like a little party to get you motivated to get things done around the house. Deadlines are so helpful, albeit stressful sometimes.

From the learning room..When two people work together it decreases your work load by more than half. Synergy is real.

I am reading...all the time but not traditional books it seems for some time now. For some reason I have been so restless when reading books, but loving blogs, short articles, keeping up with family and friends. It is like my brain just doesn't like to leave a book partially undone for too long and it always happens with the fleeting moments for actually relaxing with a book. I don't like it but by the time I get to it, I am tired and then fall asleep.

From the kitchen...I cooked a lot last week and froze things so I don't have to actually cook much at all this week. I love cooking ahead.

I am wondering...if Jennifer is doing all right on her trip home from Italy right now.

I am wearing...white shirt, snoopy pjs and a black vest. Burr, it is cold in here.

I am hearing... Sarah Mc Lachlan singing Christmas Memories.

I am creating...a big list of "to dos" for the week. Thanksgiving is literally knocking at the door. I don't remember time ever flying by so quickly as it has this year. It is amazing and a little scary. I am hoping it is not the thing old people talk about...??

I am going....to write down a plan for the Christmas program I am working on for church. This is the time when I wish I was extremely gifted as a musician and could just sing some beautiful Christmas music and intersperse some perfect narration, some appropriate scriptures, etc.

I am quoting...Virginia Walker..."Bonnie, would you be willing to teach a class on blogging for our stake women's conference in February?" Then I heard myself saying..."Why, yes, Virginia, I would just love to do that!" Really? What in the world? ...Exciting and terrifying comes to mind.

My spiritual thoughts include...Amazement and gratitude for all of our blessings.

Around the house...there is a hole in the floor where the old floor heater was removed, a hole in the wall where the new furnace is going, and a new bathroom progressing at a snail's pace due to not enough inspectors to get around to everyone's projects because of the recession. You now pay three times as much and get worse then ever service. Go figure.

Today I miss...watching TV shows so I have a clue as to what people are talking about when they discuss them over dinner. Jim and I always notice how out of the loop we are when that happens. Neither one of us can figure out where that would fit into our daily lives. I don't really miss the TV shows I just miss being in the know...??

I am hoping...the Lufthansa seats are bigger and more spacious and that the leg room has improved. Ha! Not a chance on that one but one can always HOPE!

I have been procrastinating..budgetary stuff.

One of my guilty pleasures...
Swiss Miss gourmet Hot Chocolate before the sun comes up!

One of my favorite things..gas fireplaces that flip on with the touch of a toggle switch and eliminate the soot of a wood fire. One of my least favorite things, missing the great smell of a fire in the fireplace and the crackling of the fire.

A few plans for the rest of the week...returning some floor samples, deciding on the tile and pattern for the shower. Thinking about whether it would be cool to put a chandelier in our bathroom to go with retro look we are working on. Two meetings at night this week for church, and getting the new heating system in this week. Yay!

Here is a picture I am sharing with you..Norman Rockwell

You cannot be unhappy and filled with gratitude at the same time.

3 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Bon'! Wow I have missed you and have missed a lot on your blog!! Love your dinner for eight, the turtle spa, and of course ANYTHING having to do with Italy!!

Also love your daybook and your great sense of humor! Such a joy to me, gal!

I'm praying for all of the details in your life this week! May it be full of accomplishments and low in stress! :o)

Blessings and BIG hugs,
Beck

Marie Rayner said...

Great daybook Bonnie. YOu have me wanting a hot choclate very early this morning! I enjoy all of your posts, but your daybook post is one of my favourites as it gives me a little glimpse into your daily life. I am so pleased to have found you. You bless my life in countless ways with your words and thoughts! xxoo

LA Adams said...

Lucky me, I can't wait for your February class - I'll be there!