Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gratitude on Veterans' Day


Today I am thinking about all the amazingly wonderful men and women who have made sacrifices for all of us so that we can live in a land of freedom. Lately we have been seeing some amazing movies about WW2 and I'd like to recommend one to you. It is called I Am David. It is a family appropriate film and very enlightening and uplifting.


Most of us as Americans have no idea what lack of freedom would be like. I pray we never have to know but we do need to remember and thank and feel gratitude for those who have protected what we have. It goes without saying that we are thankful for those who have paid the ultimate price.

Arlington

I am thankful that my father served in WW2, and all of my uncles including Uncle Tom an honorary uncle whom we love dearly. I am thankful they came home with their hearts, heads and bodies intact, after going through some pretty horrific stuff. I am thankful for the women, my mom included, who served in countless ways here in every capacity imaginable, to keep this country going and to support the service people from our home land. I am thankful for our daughter who is doing it now!

We are so proud of our military family serving in Italy. Robert is just one amazing man in every way and we pray he will always be safe and never in harm's way during his career.

Here he is being sworn in to his new
rank during the promotion ceremony.

Behind most successful men is a wife and family
that loves and supports them
even
in the hard things!

I ran across this video and had to share it with you. Not just men and women are paying a price for our freedom but little kids as well. I, for one, am so grateful for them all. Thank you Dad, Robert, Uncle Tom and all the rest of you! With all the problems we have in this country, we still need to remember we have freedom above all else. And it is never FREE!

3 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

Me again, I just left a comment on your last blog. Congrats to Robert getting a promotion. Is Laura still RS Pres. in her ward/branch. Such a cute family picture - I loved it.

Bonnie said...

Hi Caroline! I love to do the writing each day and I am always thankful to hear that people are lifted by it.

No, Laura was Ward RS president, then Stake PR President for a while and now she is a seminary teacher in her own home each morning. The Stake was over 400 miles and she had to travel to various branches that only spoke Italian so she is very happy to be teaching at home.

LA Adams said...

I cried watching your video and I'm so happy your family is doing well right now. Thanks for all who keep us safe and cozy at night.