Thursday, November 19, 2009

Defining Moments

When you live away from your grandkids you often find yourself studying their pictures for any evidence of the changes that comes so quickly. There is always that one photo where you realize something has changed. They have moved into a new phase of their lives and development.

Today I saw my first glimpse of a fine young man.
Check this out, our Spencer is no longer a little boy.

I don't know why this brought tears to my eyes but it did.

After I got over that part I thought...
Hmmm, doesn't he look a little like a young Michael Buble?


Or is it Michael Ball?

Spencer is a really handsome guy in my humble opinion!
Actually he looks a whole lot like his Mom too!


But mostly he just looks like the perfect version of Spencer!
Mr. GQ

7 comments:

laura.elizabeth said...

This is great! I love it and must agree that he is one handsome guy. He is so cute because he keeps asking me if this is a good picture of him because he likes to hear me rant and rave that it is the best picture EVER! He is a cute kid!

Faye said...

I agree also - VERY HANDSOME young man. I am just getting my head around the fact of my own children growing up on me - it must really feel crazy to see your grandkids turn into young adults :) Makes you appreciate time and your memories when you see how quickly they pass.

Bonnie said...

I know what you mean, Faye! In some ways when I see them all growing so fast I realize I am not really as old as I look and sound. Time zips by for us all. A year is a small thing.

It always reminds me that the days are long but the years are short as Gretchen Rubin (Blogger, The Happiness Project) says. We have to hang on to those memories! And we have to go with the flow of life as it is meant to be. Swimming up stream is counter productive.

Marie Rayner said...

What a handsome grandson Spencer is Bonnie! It is clear to me that good looks run in your family! How proud you must be of your family and with good reason! Have a great weekend! xxoo

Caroline Craven said...

wow! Time just keeps marching on! It doesn't compute easily with me that Laura, who used to babysit for us, now has children old enough to look like young adults! What a good looking boy, but he couldn't miss with Laura and Robert, a very handsome couple!!!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Bon,
I love your lil GQ, he is adorable, a truly handsome lad, and does look much like his mommy.
How precious! I saw this a few days ago but didn't have time to comment right then.
Thanks for stopping by yesterday!
And no I still have not made a decision. I did rule out one set,
but know I am torn between the square cream set and the white with touches of brown antique look
on the rim, shabby chic dishes.
They are way more than I wanted to spend, but I think they may win out. They are both gorgeous.
I'll write more on your next post.
Blessings, Nellie

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Cute-cute-cute! This kid has some style going on, doesn't he? I love it!