Sunday, November 22, 2009

Giving Thanks

flickr

I just wanted to wish each of you a very Happy Thanksgiving week. I know that most of you do not limit your thanks giving to God to one special day. For those of us that are Christians, this is a part of everyday living.

There is, however, something extra special about meeting together each 3rd Thursday of November and giving thanks together with family and people that are important to us. Whether we share the exact same beliefs or not, it is a wonderful time to be with people we love and to feel gratitude for our blessings. It is a great time to participate in family traditions. As our families grow and spread out it is not always possible to be with everyone, but we think of you all and miss you and wish we could be together. I am sure most of you feel the same way about those who will not be gathered around your table this year due to distance and various other circumstances.

So where ever you are and whom ever you will be with, make it a wonderful day of focusing on the good things in your life. May we all pitch in~in the kitchen so everyone gets some relaxation and enjoyment on Thanksgiving Day. It is a tremendous amount of work to gather and prepare a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner and should never fall on just one person. We have all been enriched by God's bounteous blessings and he wants us to enjoy them and to acknowledge that they all come from Him.

If you are traveling, be safe. If you are staying home or having company, I hope you have a cozy fire and lots of love in your day! And where ever you are I hope you can feel a sense of contentment for all that you have been given by Our Father in Heaven and his son, Jesus Christ. I know we sure do, not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of the year.

2 comments:

LA Adams said...

Thank you Bonnie - Amen

Marie Rayner said...

I hope that you have a lovely thanksgiving holiday with your family Bonnie! I shall think of you! I like to practice Thanksgiving every day in my heart. I have much to be thankful for. Thank you for your lovely posts and the way you have enriched my life with your friendship from afar! xxoo