Saturday, June 5, 2010

Double Feature...


Last night we couldn't decide on a movie. Every once in awhile Jim just needs a Man Flick so he wasn't crazy about the idea of Leap Year which came out on DVD June 1st. So while he was out riding his bike I watched it by myself. It was really fun and sweet and enjoyable. I am not sure if he would have enjoyed this chick flick movie but I think he might have. It is not a brilliant masterpiece or anything, it is rather predictable, but nonetheless it was funny and entertaining. Some of it happens in Ireland and the scenery in places is gorgeous.

When Jim got back we watched this! Noisy, creepy crawly things, melting faces and suspenseful. Boys will be boys. I watched it for awhile but my mind was elsewhere.

I am sure that happens to him a lot on some of the movies I like. He drifted in from his ride when Leap Year had about ten minutes left and wanted to know the plot. I asked him this morning how his movie ended. Some times you just have to split up on your Friday night date...we're OK with that. We've even done it in a multi-plex theater from time to time. Pretty weird but that is how we roll over here. If we stay home, the absolute common denominator is Jim's popcorn, coupled with being together=date night. Hope you are having a fun weekend. As for us, all of the was fun was last night, now it is down to work, work, work...church work, house work, yard work...

3 comments:

sistersusiesays said...

Good Movies! I have always been a fan of action packed movies. Harrison Ford has had many I like. My favorite of his is "Air Force One!"

As for the eyes in the bathroom; I'm glad they're all plastic, lol!

Love and hugs,
Susie

LA Adams said...

I love the picture of both of you on the side below your mom and dad. Nice.

Caroline Craven said...

The movie thing is a funny one. We have resorted to taping them on demand b/c the one rental place near us closed down and all we have left to choose from is Redbox - which can leave a lot to be desired. We spent our Friday watching "I Am Legend", which I liked in the theater, but like you, my mind was elsewhere Friday night. I think I was reading up on how to keep bees - my next hobby. But at least we were sitting on the sofa together - minus the popcorn due to the perpetual diet I am on! Uuugh!