Saturday, April 2, 2011

What Is A Mother To Do?

When your son is a Professor in Mechanical Engineering, if you are anything like me, most of the time you have no idea what he is saying when you hear him talking to his Dad about his work. Talk of various projects are basically lost on me...I still don't get what he actually does.

But when he sends you a link to a YouTube about something like this...you just have to share. Talk about semi-conductors and optimization leaves me hanging, but this, I truly do get this. Adding the human element and filling a genuine need...was all it took!

And it is OK to say how you and his Dad and sisters are so proud of what he is doing on your blog, isn't it? The cute one in the video, the second man to speak, that is Chris. He still looks like one of the students doesn't he? Changing lives and situations for the better, that is what they do!



The Church News Article about the Project.

2 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Bon,
You did what any Mom would do, who is proud of and loves her son......showed his video.
It was great.......what a wonderful
project that is, I see on so many programs where they are trying to do similiar things to bring clean drinking water to people.
That is really awesome to be a part of! Go Chris!!!
Thanks for sharing it Bon, I think it is wonderful!!
Blessings for a great weekend.
P.S. I think I may have found my dress for the Wedding........
Not sure about the color tho, but it looks really good on me, and am
hoping it isn't too dressy for what her Mom has choosen.
Have a good one,
Love ya, Nellie

sistersusiesays said...

What a great project! I have seen on the news another man that has a filtration system the size of a suitcase. He goes to different places with a gas generator and filters the water people drink. The system is so good, it can even filter urine, yuk! I don't think I would want to try it.

Tell Chris thanks for the great job he is doing for others! Praise the LORD!
Love to you and yours,
Susan