Monday, April 6, 2009

A Simple Woman's Day Book~April 6, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, April 6, 2009

Outside my window...It is bright and sunny with a gentle breeze blowing. I am much later in doing my entry today than usual. We have out of state company and they are now off sightseeing for the day so I can get to my fun blogging activities.

I am thinking...how wonderful it has been to have our young friends, The Higleys visiting with their five sweet children.
.
From the learning rooms...comes a sure knowledge that I had forgotten that big groups of people eat a lot and drink a lot of milk. I was at the grocery store this morning at 5:00 am to buy milk for the little kids so they could get a good breakfast in their little tummies before they went off on their adventures.

I am thankful for...knowing that our children and grandchildren that live in Italy are safe and sound after the devastating earthquake near Rome. I am praying for the survivors of the quake and for the families that have lost loved ones so suddenly and painfully and without warning. It makes me want to hold our family close today and everyday!

From the kitchen...more activity than we have seen in ages. Tonight we will be barbecuing some burgers and eating outside. That should be fun. We have been enjoying the energy and laughter and politeness of these children, well-raised. It is making us very eager to see some of our own grandkids next week!

I am wearing...Dark jeans, a white tee and lime green hoodie. I do love hoodies!

I am reading...Ciao America. It is a very funny book about an Italian guy who lived in Georgetown for a year and how he found the customs of Americans to be from an Italian perspective. My daughter, Laura, says she should write the counter part when she leaves Italy!

I am hoping...that our economy takes an up turn soon for all the people that are struggling so much to make ends meet.

I am creating...a plan for some fun activities for our kids arriving next week, menu selections, sights to see, ordering tickets online for the Academy of Science in San Francisco that has just recently been renovated.

I am hearing...absolutely nothing and it is wonderful. Oh there is the hum of the refrigerator now that I am paying closer attention.

I am going...
to run an errand for my husband to a parts store to pick up some gadget for our irrigation system. I loathe parts stores (since I never know what I am buying and they always seen gray and colorless and totally boring) and I usually come home with the wrong thing. But he has called ahead so I have a better than average chance of getting it right.

My spiritual thoughts include..being thankful for faith and hope in Christ and the celebration of Easter this week. I am grateful for the greatest gift of the Savior's atonement and the promise this gives us of eternal life and the opportunity to be with loved ones again that have gone on before us.

Around the house... I see tulips and birds and new bright green leaves on everything and a gigantic family size tent on our patio where our house guest are camping! The kids are loving it!

One of my favorite things...clean windows that just make the earth and everything in it sparkle!

A few plans for the rest of the week...recoup, reorganize, rest up and get ready for Easter and next week!

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

Two of our little granddaughters, Chloe and Hazel just relaxing together. The minute I saw this picture I felt the yearning in my heart for the sister I never had. I have two wonderful brothers but I always wanted a sister. This photo captures that feeling for me so beautifully and poignantly. I have always thought it would be so wonderful to have that sister, your own special person who just totally gets you and vice versa. That person who knows you like no other because of all the shared experiences of a life time. That person you just can't remember life without~that person that is your person!

Now I know that not all sisterly relationships are like that but I just know if I had been blessed to have a sister it would be like that because I would work at it and make it so.

4 comments:

CA Poppy said...

While I was at the gym I was watching GMA and saw the Earthquake news~grateful that Laura and her family are safe.

Laura said...

Precious picture.

Marie Rayner said...

Glad to hear your family is safe Bonnie. What a concern!! Lovely day book entry and what a sweet picture! Thanks for sharing your heart with us today.

Faye said...

I love your comments about sister-longing. You expressed so beautifully what I have always felt - wishing I had had a sister. I find that I live vicariously thru my daughters on that point. They say they can't imagine not having sisters - I have become the facilitator to try to make sure the three of them - (who are all on tight budgets and live far away from each other) - can get together every so often. When I see them having so much fun together I can take immense pleasure in that.