Monday, April 13, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~April 13, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, April 13, 2009

Outside my window...it is a beautiful spring day. Lots of birds are happily singing and marshmallow clouds are dotting the azure sky. Tulips are swaying in the breeze and all is right with the world today.

I am thinking...How much more I appreciate the seasons than I use to when I was younger and so totally distracted with all the little things right in front of my face.

From the learning rooms...comes the thought that we never ever stop learning about ourselves and all that surrounds us. It is a wonderful thing.

I am thankful for...life and health and love in my life. I am thankful for all the simple things that are free of charge and mean so much.

From the kitchen...there is no movement after a very busy weekend of cooking and organizing and now we can relax.

I am wearing...jeans, and brown embellished tee and a lighter brown suede jacket, jewels and sandals.

I am reading...Nothing special at the moment except Ciao America which I started last week.

I am hoping...I can keep on my healthy life plan with the lack of routine this week. Hubby is home and remodeling going on. Love having him home but it makes me want to play and have fun and eat out and the rest of it. I am sticking to my plan though by paying attention and working the plan. Fingers crossed, anyway!

I am creating...Order and the peace that follows.

I am hearing...Nora Jones and sandpaper on baseboards.

I am going...
to stay at my computer today and get some work done.

My spiritual thoughts include...reflections on Easter and a desire to be a better daughter of God.

Around the house...a sweet spirit and love and cooperation with my husband as we work together to accomplish shared goals and commitments.

I have been procrastinating.....getting the budget paperwork done this month. Today it will be finished.


One of my favorite things...knowing we get to see our son, his wife, and their kids this week. It has been about 2 years since they have been able to visit from Utah with crazy schedules, etc. We are very excited to have them with us. With four little ones it is easier for us to visit them but it will be fun to host them for a change.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Working on a design consultation tomorrow in San Ramon and then getting ready for the kids to come home. Maybe I will plant some new flowers in the backyard if time permits. Friday we will go to the California Academy of Science that has just recently reopened in San Francisco and out to dinner at our favorite pizza restaurant with our kids and grandkids. We have been going to Pasquali's Pizzeria in San Francisco for over 40 years. Truly one of the only things that hasn't changed in all those years.


Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

These are our little sweethearts that are visiting this week. Connor, Aynslee, Zach, and Owen. It will be Owen's first visit to his Gramma and Grampa's house. Our grandchildren have multiplied our joys and divided our sorrows. They light up our lives and no matter what else is happening they bring such joy. Getting a hug or an "I love you Gramma and Grampa" can be salve for any and all wounds inflicted upon us through daily living! They motivate us to press forward and do things that need doing. They make us laugh and they teach us some of life's most important and valuable lessons.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Have a wonderful time with your loved ones, Bon! They are sure lucky to have you and Jim for their grandma and grandpa... You two are just some of the most special people I have ever known and I love you dearly.

Deanna said...

I'm so excited that the grandbabies will be going to see you and Jim. How excitiing! Be sure to take lot's of pics!

BTW,
You've Been Tagged! Visit my blog so you can get a copy of the questions.

Hugs,
Deanna :D