Monday, April 20, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~April 20, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, April 20, 2009

Outside my window...it is simply gorgeous out today.

I am thinking...I have mixed emotions about starting on the kitchen remodel this very day. I just dread the upheaval but delight in the finished project, somewhere down the line.

From the learning rooms...patience is a virtue.

I am thankful for...our family returning safely to Utah yesterday.

From the kitchen...lots of wallpaper scrapping in my next several hours.

I am wearing...Snoopy PJ bottoms and a white tee shirt...no shoes yet.

I am reading...are you kidding...no time for reading today!

I am hoping...we can use this week well and be very productive in our remodeling as Jim goes back to work next week.

I am Praying for...no Murphy's Law moments this week.

I am creating...visions of the new windows, new counter top, new paint and dangling it all like a carrot in front of my eyes to get me motivated to do the hard stuff.

I am hearing...our sprinkler system running for the first time this spring.

I am going... to create a new temporary kitchen in our laundry room and on the back patio and pray for no rain for awhile.

My spiritual thoughts include...heaven help us!

Around the house...orderly chaos is about to begin.

I have been procrastinating.....getting all the decor put away that is not going back in the kitchen and emptying the cabinets, drawers, etc.


One of my favorite things...making old things new again with elbow grease..(I am trying to convince myself that removing wallpaper is fun!)

A few plans for the rest of the week...pushing through for the end results that will be so sweet and amazing!

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

It is so sweet to see my husband enjoying grandparenting so much. Little Aynslee adores him (and vice versa) and her crying and wailing could be heard for a block when they drove away on Saturday to go home to Utah. Someday we will live closer!

She loved putting on her Grampa's glasses and I though this was an adorable photo so wanted to include it. With no teeth and the bi-focals maybe we could morph the photo into a little old lady!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. Good luck with your kitchen remodel.

BTW: I Love the picture with Grandpa's glasses!