Monday, April 27, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~April 27, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, April 27, 2009

Outside my window...it is noon and so we have bright blue skies and a brisk breeze some would call a cold wind. Burrr!

I am thinking...life is so unpredictable, one just never knows what will be dropped on your plate on any given day. It is best to be prepared spiritually, mentally and emotionally for whatever comes your way.

From the learning rooms...I have learned that my husband's ability to work tirelessly and for many many hours is a talent few have. I am going to stop feeling bad about not being able to keep up. I don't know anyone who could except maybe his friend, David.

I am thankful for...Jim's talents and his abilities and for the great new kitchen we are working on together.

From the kitchen... the windows are installed, the wallpaper is gone, the counters are gone, the wallboard is repaired, sanded and washed, the dust cleaned up and we are about to open the primer and start the painting. Very exciting. The project is going pretty quickly all things considered. The Silestone template for the counter has been made today so we are on the count down for installation now...9 days they said.

I am wearing...Dark jeans, sandals, white tee and a celery green hoodie.

I am reading...mostly blogs right now and scriptures.

I am hoping...to find my routine and rhythm again soon. April has been very chaotic it seems.

I am Praying for...people I know that are seriously ill, the world in general and always our family and friends.

I am creating...as much order as I can possibly create. I am finding as I get older I need order to concentrate. Should I be worried?

I am hearing...NPR and they are talking about the swine flu. Sometimes I think that the most prevalent terrorist among us is the media.

I am going...to keep a positive attitude about life and increase my faith in the Savior and His plan for us all.

My spiritual thoughts include...wondering where we will be serving next in the church.

Around the house...our herd of deer have had new babies. There are at least two fawns and they are adorable. Everyone loves babies, even when they grow up to be a menace and eat all your vegetables and flowers. They are so cute right now.

I have been procrastinating.....
paper work...ugh. That is always what I procrastinate about anymore.

One of my favorite things...Looking out the beautiful new window here by my computer and seeing the American Flag blowing in the breeze.

A few plans for the rest of the week... another fun friend night, a baby shower, some design work, some writing, some shopping, some organizing and more decluttering, dinner with friends on Saturday and anticipating Sunday.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...


These beautiful flowers were grown by my friend Laura. I am including them here for anyone that needs special prayers, healing, and uplifting today. Amidst all that tries us, there is always something beautiful to look at and enjoy and rejoice about. We have to look for it and allow ourselves to be lifted up in joy and happiness! These are choices we all can consciously make. Just do it!

1 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Great day book entry Bonnie. I love what you said in your I am thinking, about being prepared spiritually, mentally and emotionally for whatever comes your way! That is such good advice!