Thursday, April 8, 2010

Garden Tour @ The Cottage

I just discovered a new fun blog party call WooHoo Wednesday. Check it out and share what you are celebrating in your life today? I am celebrating being able to get outside in the garden and the end of the rainy season...hopefully. Woohoo!

My sweet friend, Margaret, from Edinburgh asked for a garden tour. At first I thought no, it is still pretty junkie out on the patio...but I decided I'd show you the parts God is taking care of with this nonstop rainy season. Jim is quickly taking care of the rest. (Love it!) My job is planting and taking care of the flowers that I put in pots...but that comes later. I absolutely love it outside, this time of year it is so refreshing. I remembered the words of The Nester, it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. So here we go...for Margaret, and all the rest of you as well!

The Man Shed

The Man & His Shed

The beginnings of a wonderful place to
put the man stuff, albeit the paint is frightful!
Yeah like who would choose this color?
Maybe someday it will be a guest house again.
We promise to paint if you come!

The path leading back to our cottage
from the Man Shed.
This is the family room of the house
and the deer come right up to the window and peek in.

The Pond with it's tea water.
Our pond in under a tree that
drops needles that turn the water to pine tea!
Soon it will be drained and refilled
with sparkling clear water.

A little bit of pink makes me want to
get the flower pots out right away.


A path

The pond from the top where the
waterfall comes down into it.
I don't think in 30 years we
have ever taken a photo
from this vantage point.
Love it, it is now my new screen saver!

The view from the new bathroom
windows on the east side.


Jim was being funny when he hung this up yesterday. It is in view from the south side bathroom window. I love this sign because it is big. Little stuff is dwarfed in this yard. (It just swallows my flower pots I have to do so many to make it look like there are any color spots out there in the sea of green.) The scale of the sign is just perfect out here. It is made out of rebar and is just enough rusty to make it look vintage. I got it at The Porch in Springville, Utah. A favorite haunt!

12 comments:

LA Adams said...

Very Beautiful. A walk around your garden could get you into a very nice frame of mind!

Liesa said...

VERY PEACEFUL AND LOVELY.
THANKS FOR SHARING.

Jen Stewart said...

I loe this one mom. It's making me homesick!

Shaun at Oak Den said...

I love your yard and all the greenery! We finally had the last patch of snow melt in our yard but everything is still so brown. And even when it is green it isn't lush like Californina. Enjoy all that beauty for me!!

Connie said...

My favorite part of this beautiful post is the fact that it is so familiar to me....and that makes me SO happy! Love it, love the people who live in it, and love the fact that they share it with those of us who can only dream of such an oasis...

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bon,
Your backyard is so pretty. I just love having woods around me, it is so cozy and private. Course, we don't have as much as we used to since the hurricanes, but we still have some in the back and on one side of the yard, so am ecstatic about that! I love the man cottage.
It is so quaint and once he gives it a lil work it will look even better.
Amazing what a lil paint does!!
I painted ours a few years ago but we have to fix some wood on the back cause it is really looking bad back there. That will be another project once we get this
bathroom finished!! Key word is when!! lol
My father in law built it for our daughter as a playhouse when she was 3 I think, so it is 22 yrs. old, and has been a garden shed for more than 21 yrs. at least. We had it all set up so nicely for her, but when she saw the first roach in there, it was curtains for the playhouse and we had to move everything onto the porch!! lol
She still is freaked out by a roach to this day!! Such a riot!!
Thanks for your sweet comments about our family picture, I was pleased to finally get something,
cause either we would forget or they would come out bad, so at least I have some that are useable
Thank the Lord!
As far as the dog, we don't get one cause we have a cat and we can leave without having to find a sitter for her, cause Susan just comes down and feeds Molly several times a day and pets her for awhile when we go away, which is not that often. Plus since we have the grandaughter dogs visit fairly often, that works, and we like it like that,
we like when they come and we are usually ready for them to go!! Not Always!! lol
I like enjoying them, but not having the responsibility all the time!! I'm a true grandparent at heart, in practice for the real event!! lol
Thanks for sharing your backyard
with us, can't wait to see your flowers. We have got to get to work in our yard too, we have lots of stuff that needs to be cut back, altho it doesn't necessarily look bad right now, it is encroaching more on the house all the time so.........that means work!! lol
Take care sweetie, glad you liked our pic!
Have a great weekend.
Sounds like Jim is a dynamo around there, good for him. You are gonna love having him around more, I love that Jim works home on Thurs and Friday. Don't know if he will every retire or not cause he doesn't have hobbies, he just loves his job and what he does on the computer, so expect he might at some point retire and work part time, don't know yet!! Time will tell.
Blessings hon,
Nellie

Caroline Craven said...

I love that you are out working in your yard. We are still getting snow storms (typical Conference wkend). I love also that you are getting to dejunk. That's fun! I have a deacons bench in my bedroom that seems to collect all the stuff we don't know where to put and plenty of stuff that has a place. Just yesterday I finally put the bedding back up on the high shelves in my closet. It has been sitting on my bench since we had guests at CHRISTMAS! Can you believe it! I always make the family come in my room and see the bench cleared of junk because it happens so rarely. So I get what you mean about wanting to have guests over when the house is spotless. I thought your house was always spotless!!

margaret said...

Oh, Bonnie, thank you, that is the most beautiful yard I've ever seen. I love the Man Shed, I would happily live in it, but more than that I wish I had one to work in. I do have a shed but it's a sad little thing by comparison. And the trees... and the path... it's like your own private bit of countryside, I hear the birds in it. As for the pine water - Greeks can make wine out of that ;)

margaret said...

Oh, Bonnie, thank you, that is the most beautiful yard I've ever seen. I love the Man Shed, I would happily live in it, but more than that I wish I had one to work in. I do have a shed but it's a sad little thing by comparison. And the trees... and the path... it's like your own private bit of countryside, I hear the birds in it. As for the pine water - Greeks can make wine out of that ;)

Anonymous said...

Your yard is so beautiful! I could just get lost in it, wanting to be outside and enjoy God's beauty. I love the man shed :) My hubby has his shed also and it's his mess, lol.

Thank you so much for linking your lovely property to Woo Hoo! Wednesday and joining the fun!

Julie Harward said...

WOO HOO...I love your place it is so very beautiful! Cool man shed too LOL
Really, what a place you must love being outside..I need some of those trees! Come say hi :D

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

What a great backyard! Love all the green, trees and paths. Storybook!